Special to the Chickasaw Journal COPES has been a part of the community in Chickasaw County for years and has repeatedly helped youth and families who have fallen on hard times or between the cracks of traditional human service program. And COPES is always looking for volunteers or those with resources – financial, educational or […]
Tag Archives | Schomburg
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – No single person probably has more of an influence on the life of a human being than mom. And the COPES Program of Chickasaw County recently recognized two women as “Super Moms” as part of a new effort that they hope will be an annual event centered around […]
Breaking the cycle takes education, responsibility, concern CHICKASAW COUNTY – While the number of teen pregnancies nationwide is dropping, Chickasaw County still has one of the highest rates in the country. In 2011, the last year for complete numbers, the state reported 29 births to teen mothers in Chickasaw County, […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia July 25, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...