HOUSTON – The Houston High School cross country team recently ran in two Northeast Mississippi events with local trekkers posting solid times and taking home honors for the Hilltoppers. “The weather has gotten cooler and we should see times pickup,” said Patricia Ellison, Houston High School cross country coach. “I also want to point out […]
Tag Archives | Saltillo
SALTILLO – Shirley Rouse Pierce died Wednesday, June 11, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. She was born in Lee County to Noel and Christine Nichols Robbins. For more than 25 years, she was an agent and district coordinator for AFLAC Insurance and previously worked as the Human Resource Manager for […]
More than 50 additional indictments from the Union County April 15-16 grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are taken into custody (if they are not already jailed) and formally served with the indictment papers. Officials said about 40 more indictments remain unreleased. Typically, the last […]
BELDEN – Lynette Dobbs, 72, died Wednesday, May 7, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a brief illness. She was born Jan. 18, 1942, in Calhoun County to Rosco and Rebecca Hill. She was a homemaker and a member of Chesterville Calvary Baptist Church. She loved fishing, camping, hunting, gardening, flowers, family gatherings, cooking […]
Furniture Brands Wind Down Inc., the remnant of bankrupt Furniture Brands International, has reached a deal with its creditors and the federal Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. The settlement, which still needs court approval, has the PBGC reducing its claim against the company from $340 million to $300 million. In November,the PBGC said it would pay […]
TUPELO – For some laid-off and soon-to-be laid off employees of Lane Furniture Industries, shock and disappointment have given way to some hope. At least for a few. Last month, Lane’s parent company stunned the employees at Lane’s Saltillo plant, announcing it would be closed by March 21. Heritage Home Group said “business circumstances” forced […]
TUPELO – When Ronnie Bishop opened his first barbecue restaurant in Saltillo six years ago, he envisioned having more than one store. In 2011, he opened a second restaurant on McCullough Boulevard in Tupelo, and last year, he added a third location in Booneville. In a matter of weeks, he’ll be opening the fourth Bishop’s […]
SALTILLO – An Okolona woman was charged by Saltillo Police with shoplifting. The Sept. 27 charge against Toronto Spratt, 31, of Okolona, stems from a Sept. 21 incident in which she allegedly took a $35 dress from Emi Lou’s Boutique in Saltillo. Spratt’s bond was set at $500 in the Lee County Justice Court. Her […]
SALTILLO – Jeffrey Allen “Jeff” Franks, 46, died Friday, July 12, 2013, at his residence. A native of Zion, Ill., he was born June 26, 1967, to Aruthur V. and Barbara Funderburk Franks. He lived most of his life in Saltillo. He loved to tinker, do woodworking and carpentry work. Services will be at 1:30 […]
SALTILLO – Tina Yvonne Witcher, 45, died Wednesday, April 17, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born in Okolona on Jan. 6, 1968. She was a 1986 honor graduate of Okolona High School. She received her degree in accounting from the University of Mississippi and worked as an accountant for 25 years with […]
- Boyer, Mitchell earn DAR History honors March 24, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...