CHICKSAW COUNTY – A bill to consolidate Chickasaw County Schools in Houlka and Okolona schools was killed in committee in the Mississippi Legislature this month, but the idea, which popped up last year, is far from dead. Mississippi lawmakers were asked to consider administrative school consolidations in several counties this session. The bill affecting […]
Tag Archives | Russell
WOODLAND — Anna Loraine McCoy Pate, 85, died Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Church Street Personal Care Home in Ecru. She was born June 17, 1928, in Booneville to Chester Arthur McCoy and Florence Loraine Clark McCoy. She was retired from Franklin Corporation and was a member of Woodland Baptist Church. Services are Saturday, March […]
Jolly honored by Farm Bureau Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Sen. Russell Jolly of Houston is the Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation’s 2013 Friend of Agriculture for the Mississippi Senate. The presentation was made during the organization’s annual meeting in December. Sen. Jolly represents Dist. 8, consisting of Chickasaw, Calhoun, Grenada and […]
CALHOUN CITY – Mary Laura Pruett Williams, 85, died Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was born Nov. 1, 1927, in Slate Springs to Elmer Pruett and Evie Russell Pruett. She was a homemaker and a Baptist. Survivors include her husband, Arthur Curtis Williams of Calhoun City; one daughter, Jean […]
by Bobby Harrison NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – Supervisors in about 35 rural counties across the state can now request the Mississippi Department of Public Safety to place a driver’s license examiner or a kiosk where people can renew their license in their county seat. The legislation requiring the Department of Public Safety to […]
Consider this predicament: For a Chickasaw County resident to get a license to drive on the state’s highways they have to drive out of the county to be tested and photographed to obtain that privilege. But a bill before the Mississippi Legislature may soon require the Mississippi Department of Public Safety to have a driver’s […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Capitol Correspondent JACKSON – State Sen. Russell Jolly, D-Houston, represents a sprawling district that includes all of Chickasaw, and portions of Grenada, Calhoun and southwest Lee counties. With the exception of the people who live in the Lee County portion of his district, all of Jolly’s constituents must cross county […]
By Jeff Amy The Associated Press JACKSON — State education officials could only take over a school district for three years under a bill moving forward in the Senate. The Senate Education Committee approved Senate Bill 2124, sponsored by Sen. Steve Hale, D-Senatobia. The bill goes to the Senate for more debate. Hale says that […]
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...