PONTOTOC – Less than six months after its official opening, the Tanglefoot Trail is slated to host several athletic events this spring. The 44-mile paved trail that succeeds the historic GM&O Railroad will host the Altis Endurance Marathon and Half-Marathon on March 30. The event will begin and end in Houston, at the trail’s […]
Tag Archives | runners
HOUSTON – The first race of spring on the Tanglefoot Trail will see a marathon start in Houston Sunday morning, March 30 and event organizers hope the race will draw a crowd. Houston will see the Marathon start at 7:30 a.m. and the half-marathon at 8, at Industrial Drive crossing and head north out of […]
Several runners from the readership area participated in the annual Gum Tree 10K race in Tupelo May 11. Women 14-19 Mary-Michael Edwards, Houlka, 1:14:39 HIllary Colbert, Houston, 1:34:27 Hannah Armstrong, Houston, 1:34:31 30-34 April Moore, Houston, 1:01:10 Men 14-19 Trey Griggs, Houston, 46:37 20-24 Wesley Edwards, Houlka, 57:15 60-64 John Hill, Mantee, 1:10:36
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...