OKOLONA – Aldermen took no action after a hearing was held Nov. 12 with former Okolona Assistant Chief of Police Romona Robertson who was terminated from her job with the city Sept. 10. Okolona aldermen met in executive session for more than an hour to discuss personnel matters and Robertson’s hearing was part of that […]
Tag Archives | Romona
OKOLONA – Town Marshal Willie C. Moore, Jr. will be paid what the former police chief was paid following the threat of a lawsuit and a vote last week. Moore told the board he had hired a lawyer and was prepared to take the city to court if they didn’t pay him at the same […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen voted 5-1 Tuesday night, to terminate employment of Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson. Robertson was found guilty of driving under the influence, speeding and disorderly conduct following an eight-hour trial in Chickasaw County Justice Court in May. She was fined of $600 plus court cost. Robertson was found not guilty of […]
HOUSTON – Justice Court Judge Earnest Cunningham found Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson guilty of three of four misdemeanor charges in an eight hour trial Monday. Robertson was found guilty of driving under the influence, speeding and disorderly conduct and will pay a fine of $600 plus court cost. Robertson was found not guilty […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – A special judge Monday found Okolona Assistant Police Chief Ramona Robertson guilty on three counts and dismissed a fourth. Judge Ernest Cunningham, from Marshall County, fined Robertson $600 plus court costs after hearing testimony all day surrounding her Dec. 7, 2012, arrest by the Mississippi Highway […]
HOUSTON – The case of an Okolona police officer stopped by the Mississippi Highway Patrol in December will probably be heard in Chickasaw County Justice Court in the next few weeks. Chickasaw County Justice Court Judge Garry Turner and Chickasaw County Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth met last week to iron out details of appointing […]
Local Focus! Locally owned businesses serving the local community Watkin Having the resources of a large firm linked with hometown people you know and trust are what makes Watkins, Ward & Stafford of Houston successful. Certified Public Accountants Jason D. Brooks and Romona T. Walls are Houston residents who know the needs […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Justice Court Judge Garry Turner accepted four not guilty pleas from Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson Thursday and will now set a court date. Robertson, who did not appear in Justice Court, was represented by her attorney Ed Lancaster who entered the not guilty pleas to DUI, speeding, failure to […]
HOUSTON – The Mississippi Highway Patrol has filed formal paperwork and citations in Chickasaw County Justice Court to bring four charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth cleared the way for charges of possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence, speeding and failing to comply with a […]
OKOLONA – Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth ruled there is enough evidence to bring formal charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson following a hearing late Monday afternoon. Howorth heard more than three hours or testimony and viewed video of the Mississippi Highway Patrol’s traffic stop of Robertson on Dec. 7 on Highway […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...