By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – West Lauderdale stood atop the 4A-Region 4 softball standing Monday with a 5-1 district record and Houston is second at 3-1. The Lady Knights trounced the Lady Hilltoppers in a key district match last week 9-6 with they Lady Knights having one big inning and Houston having […]
Tag Archives | robinson
By William Moore Daily Journal District 18 Chancery Court voters will have plenty of options when the Nov. 4 general election comes around with five candidates seeking two judge positions. Three female challengers hope to unseat male incumbents Glenn Alderson, Place 1, and Robert Whitwell, Place 2. District 18 covers Benton, Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall and […]
FULTON/TUPELO – Several area residents were among those who earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science degrees or certificates at the conclusion of the 2014 spring semester at Itawamba Community College. n Cedarbluff – Jordan Bruce Thompson, A.A.S. n Houlka – Sara E. Zachary, A.A.S.; Ishmuel Terrell Stephens, A.A.S.; Rebecca Lauren Parker, A.A. […]
Mr. and Mrs. Mike Hillhouse of Houston announce the engagement of their daughter, Lakin Jade Hillhouse, to Christopher David Upshaw, son of Mr. and Mrs. Brett Upshaw of Houston. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Barney and Lozelle Lowrey of Houston and Berdell Hillhouse and the late Jimmy Hillhouse of Okolona. She is […]
HOUSTON – Grace Robinson Floyd, 89 years old, of Tupelo, died Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Fern Brooke Personal Care Home, Houston, Miss. She was born on December 17, 1924, to Alfred Thomas Robinson and Nola Newcomb Robinson in Eastport, Miss. She graduated from Burnsville High School, where she played basketball and loved the sport. […]
IUKA – John A. Robinson, 90, died Thursday, June 13, 2013, at the Tishomingo Manor Nursing Home. He was a U. S. Army veteran of World War II. He retired from Southern Pacific Railroad where he was employed as a signal engineer. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and spending time with his grandchildren. Services are scheduled […]
HOULKA – A renovated Wildcat Gymnasium took a big first step Monday night with trustees accepting a $279,400 bid from Tri-Star Mechanical Contractors of Batesville. While trustees must still approve a contract, the board’s action paved the way to renovate the lobby, concession stand, add new restrooms and paint and insulate the ceiling at the […]
HOUSTON – Justice Court Judge Earnest Cunningham found Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson guilty of three of four misdemeanor charges in an eight hour trial Monday. Robertson was found guilty of driving under the influence, speeding and disorderly conduct and will pay a fine of $600 plus court cost. Robertson was found not guilty […]
WEST POINT – Elizabeth Poss, 96, passed away Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at Dugan Memorial Home. She was born Nov. 5, 1916, in Houston to Cyntha Andrews and Bob Dendy. She was a member of Siloam Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. today at the Robinson Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with […]
HOUSTON – Good food and good fellowship for a good cause are the focus of a Boy Scout fundraiser set for next week. The Pushmataha Council of Boy Scouts of America will host its annual fundraiser and meal at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, in the Training Room of the Houston Fire Department in downtown […]
- CEMETERY WALK: Chickasaw County history to come alive May 23 May 17, 2015
- Big fish, big smile May 20, 2015
- Houston heads to state championship May 20, 2015
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...