Visitors traveling along the 444-mile-long Natchez Trace Parkway continue to make a significant economic impact on the communities along the route. A National Park Service report released Friday shows 6 million visitors to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013 spent $138.9 million in communities near the park. The spending also supported more than 1,698 jobs […]
Tag Archives | Risser
TUPELO – The government shutdown didn’t stop people from flocking to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013. More than 6.01 million people used and visited the Natchez Trace last year, up from the 5.56 million visitors in 2012. This made the Natchez Trace Parkway the eighth most visited National Park Service site. When the non-recreational […]
- City seeks infrastructure funding July 21, 2014
- Better Schools petitions available July 24, 2014
- Sales tax holiday starts after midnight July 24, 2014
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in Itawamba drug sting July 25, 2014
- Houston Solar Car team wins 14th Solar Challenge July 25, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Fire Academy July 27, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it July 26, 2014
- Gates signs with Northeast July 26, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...