Visitors traveling along the 444-mile-long Natchez Trace Parkway continue to make a significant economic impact on the communities along the route. A National Park Service report released Friday shows 6 million visitors to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013 spent $138.9 million in communities near the park. The spending also supported more than 1,698 jobs […]
Tag Archives | Risser
TUPELO – The government shutdown didn’t stop people from flocking to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013. More than 6.01 million people used and visited the Natchez Trace last year, up from the 5.56 million visitors in 2012. This made the Natchez Trace Parkway the eighth most visited National Park Service site. When the non-recreational […]
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Ice, sleet accumulation expected tonight in region March 4, 2015
- Bats go cold in Bulldogs’ first loss March 4, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...