Visitors traveling along the 444-mile-long Natchez Trace Parkway continue to make a significant economic impact on the communities along the route. A National Park Service report released Friday shows 6 million visitors to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013 spent $138.9 million in communities near the park. The spending also supported more than 1,698 jobs […]
Tag Archives | Risser
TUPELO – The government shutdown didn’t stop people from flocking to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013. More than 6.01 million people used and visited the Natchez Trace last year, up from the 5.56 million visitors in 2012. This made the Natchez Trace Parkway the eighth most visited National Park Service site. When the non-recreational […]
- Teachers to be allowed to paddle September 28, 2015
- DUKE DENTON: Hospitals owe patients a list of procedure costs September 27, 2015
- Huffman, Webb earn ICC scholarships September 30, 2015
- Vardaman wins homecoming, 48-7 October 1, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Let’s get on the Trail October 1, 2015
- AREA ROUNDUP: Adams scores three touchdowns in limited action October 3, 2015
- Tanglefoot Trail signs destroyed in Pontotoc County October 3, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Politicians parsing words October 3, 2015
- WEEK 7: High School Football Scores October 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Fall fun in Topper Town October 2, 2015
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...
- Carolyn Goggans: In the pictures above ( the second from the bottom...