Visitors traveling along the 444-mile-long Natchez Trace Parkway continue to make a significant economic impact on the communities along the route. A National Park Service report released Friday shows 6 million visitors to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013 spent $138.9 million in communities near the park. The spending also supported more than 1,698 jobs […]
Tag Archives | Risser
TUPELO – The government shutdown didn’t stop people from flocking to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013. More than 6.01 million people used and visited the Natchez Trace last year, up from the 5.56 million visitors in 2012. This made the Natchez Trace Parkway the eighth most visited National Park Service site. When the non-recreational […]
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Trustees, judges on ballot November 24, 2014
- ICC scholarships awarded to local students November 24, 2014
- Bells will be ringing November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Shop local November 27, 2014
- A reason to be thankful November 27, 2014
- Davis Lake bridge bids opened November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...