Visitors traveling along the 444-mile-long Natchez Trace Parkway continue to make a significant economic impact on the communities along the route. A National Park Service report released Friday shows 6 million visitors to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013 spent $138.9 million in communities near the park. The spending also supported more than 1,698 jobs […]
Tag Archives | Risser
TUPELO – The government shutdown didn’t stop people from flocking to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013. More than 6.01 million people used and visited the Natchez Trace last year, up from the 5.56 million visitors in 2012. This made the Natchez Trace Parkway the eighth most visited National Park Service site. When the non-recreational […]
- School ratings a shame November 16, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- WEEK 14: High school football playoff scores November 22, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...