Visitors traveling along the 444-mile-long Natchez Trace Parkway continue to make a significant economic impact on the communities along the route. A National Park Service report released Friday shows 6 million visitors to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013 spent $138.9 million in communities near the park. The spending also supported more than 1,698 jobs […]
Tag Archives | Risser
TUPELO – The government shutdown didn’t stop people from flocking to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013. More than 6.01 million people used and visited the Natchez Trace last year, up from the 5.56 million visitors in 2012. This made the Natchez Trace Parkway the eighth most visited National Park Service site. When the non-recreational […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Storm Spotters train in Houlka September 8, 2014
- FLOYD_INGRAM: Grow or die, we have a choice September 11, 2014
- Standoff ends in Houston September 11, 2014
- Houston proposes tax hike September 12, 2014
- MCCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- BATTLE OF THE CREEK September 14, 2014
- September 14, 2014
- Reagan Brooke Murphree September 13, 2014
- Ex-Ranger Donald Hawkins signed by Dallas Cowboys September 13, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...