By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The baseball boys came to town last week and stayed five days playing 27 games in the Dizzy Dean South State 10-Year-Old Tournament. The 12 teams from around the area also brought their families and fans to town with some staying overnight in Houston hotels and most eating […]
Tag Archives | ripley
By Errol Castens Daily Journal Three nonpartisan candidates will be on the Nov. 4 ballot for the one contested circuit judge post in Judicial District 3, which includes Benton, Calhoun, Chickasaw, Lafayette, Marshall, Tippah and Union counties. Shirley C. Byers of Holly Springs, J. Kizer (Ki) Jones of Holly Springs and J. Kelly Luther of […]
Allyson Leitner of Starkville and Todd Phillips of Ingomar announce the engagement of their daughter, Allie Marie Phillips, to Benjamin Allen Wallis, son of Regina and Benny Wallis of Ripley. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Barbara and Lamar Phillips of Van Vleet and the late Allie Mae Anglin of Houston. Miss Phillips is a […]
The Hilltoppers staged a 0-2 rally and Mother Nature took care of the rest in Houston’s 4-2 win in five innings over Ripley April 24. The Tigers held a 2-0 lead through the top of the fifth and that’s when the Toppers made their move. Houston’s Reid Carter singled over shortstop and Clay Hillhouse sent […]
By Kedrick Storey Southern Sentinel RIPLEY – Houston Hilltoppers coach Scott Gann has preached taking advantage of others team’s misfortunes all season. That message came in handy Friday in Game 2 of their Class 4A best-of-three play-in series against the Ripley Tigers. Houston scored three of their four runs on three Ripley errors and Hilltoppers […]
MATHISTON – Barbara Ann Perry Aycock, 68, died Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Feb. 26, 1945, in Choctaw County. She was a retired teacher and counselor. She was a member of Chester Baptist Church. Services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, at Chester Baptist […]
TUPELO – When Ronnie Bishop opened his first barbecue restaurant in Saltillo six years ago, he envisioned having more than one store. In 2011, he opened a second restaurant on McCullough Boulevard in Tupelo, and last year, he added a third location in Booneville. In a matter of weeks, he’ll be opening the fourth Bishop’s […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Dr. Gregg and Karen Thomas of New Albany announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Elizabeth Dianne Thomas, to Darron Trent Harmon of Houston. The prospective groom is the son of Danny and Nikki Harmon of Houston. He is the grandson of Hazel Harmon of Houston and the […]
Baseball and softball scores from Tuesday, March 26: Baseball Ingomar 9, West Union 0 Nettleton 4, Mooreville 1 East Union 6, Hatley 4 Tupelo 4, Grenada 2 Tishomingo Co. 2, Itawamba AHS 0 Smithville 7, Tremont 0 Myrtle 5, H.W. Byers 4 Mantachie 7, Water Valley 2 Marshall Aca. 8, North Delta 1 TCPS […]
Scores from Friday, March 15 Baseball Houston 5, Amory 3 Pontotoc 4, McNairy Central 1 Wheeler 10, Pine Grove 1 New Site 17, Middleton (Tenn.) 1 Nettleton 12, Sulligent 1 Nettleton 10, Sulligent 0 Hatley 5, Mantachie 2 Mantachie 8, McNairy Central 7 Amory 15, North Pontotoc 5 Softball Tishomingo Co. 4, Saltillo […]
RIPLEY – The Rev. James Aron Lewis, 78, went to be with the Lord on Monday, March 4, 2013. He was born on June 1, 1934, in Mantee and reared in Webster County. He was saved at the age of 8 and called into the ministry and preached his first sermon at age 14. He […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...