Daily Journal reports JACKSON – Vardaman led Monday’s Class 1A state tournament girls semifinal game by five points headed into the fourth quarter, but lost two key starters in the final eight minutes and fell 49-47 to Shaw. “I thought we played hard, we just got in foul trouble (6-2 center Brittany Hawkins, guard Diamond […]
Tag Archives | Rimmer
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal JACKSON – Two Class 1A girls teams – Biggersville and Vardaman – are more than just happy to be here. They are focused on winning a gold ball. Biggersville (21-8), powered by senior Jada Tubbs, defeated West Lowndes 49-28 Thursday in the state tournament quarterfinals at Jackson State. She scored […]
By Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal MOTLEY – Only 24 hours after Christmas, it was time to put away the decorations and presents and get back to basketball for the Vardaman Lady Rams. Because of timely defensive stops and offensive domination in the paint, the Lady Rams defeated the West Lowndes Lady […]
HOUSTON – Houston Lower Elementary School presented its final assembly, “HLES is on a Safari for Success,” featuring a total of four homerooms in kindergarten to second grade. Special class teachers, Emily Peel, Christy Watkins and Ann Weaver created and directed these shows, which displayed students’ talents and increased their skills in public speaking […]
CALHOUN CITY – Billy Thomas Roach, 61, died Thursday, April 10, 2014, at his home. He was born Sept. 23, 1952, in Carroll County to Bill Roach and Bert Rimmer Roach. He was a truck driver and farmer for Topashaw Farms. He was a member of Pittsboro Pentecostal Church and a member of the National […]
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...