WEST POINT – The Rev. Edward “”Booker”” Dean, 60, died Saturday, June 14, 2014, in West Point.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 21, at Third Mt. Olive M.B. Church in West Point. Burial will be in Palo Alto M.B. Church Cemetery at West Point. Carter’s Mortuary Services of West Point is in charge […]
Tag Archives | Rev.
ABERDEEN – The Rev. James Ronald “Ron” Williams, 77, died Wednesday, May 21, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo following a brief illness. He was born in Aberdeen on May 10, 1937, to Luther Williams Sr. and Ruby Sanders Williams. At an early age, he moved to Okolona where he attended the public […]
HOUSTON – Rev. David W. Ching, an ordained elder of the Church of the Nazarene, graduated from Northwest Nazarene University and received his Master’s of Divinity degree on April 13. Ching, of Houston, received his degree during special ceremonies that Sunday, at the Fellowship Church of the Nazarene. The graduation ceremony was presented by Dr. […]
OKOLONA – It’s tough being a teenager. The pressure on today’s teenager is greater than it has ever been and Calvary Baptist Church is seeking to teach kids ways to handle that burden and make good choices with TURN UP. “I had a vision for something like this and spoke to Shondra Gathings about […]
TUPELO – The Rev. Cecil Marion Pumphrey, 77, died at his residence in Tupelo on Friday, Jan. 17, 2014, after a prolonged illness. The Rev. Pumphrey was born on Dec. 3, 1936, in Chickasaw County to Charlie Marion and Lucille Davis Pumphrey He was a Minister of the Gospel for over 50 years. He began his […]
Luke 1:64 (KJV) 64) “And his mouth was opened immediately, and his tongue loosed, and he spake, and praised God.” During the course of a day, most people have a long list of things to do. That list can range from cooking to working, from dropping the kids off at school to running errands, from […]
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17) We have all made some mistakes. We have all experienced our share of ups and downs and we all have some hidden areas that still need some working on. There […]
VARDAMAN – Vardaman United Methodist Church was the site of food, fun and games Oct. 12, but the day held a deeper purpose in remembering children the community has lost. Now in the ninth year, the Fun in the Sun day was started in honor of Madison Bryant who died of an accidental shooting. “He […]
2 Peter 1:5-8 Because you have these blessings, do your best to add these things to your lives: to your faith, add goodness; and to your goodness, add knowledge; and to your knowledge, add self-control; and to your self-control, add patience; and to your patience, add service for God; and to your service for God, […]
AMORY – The Rev. William D. Foster, 77, died on Saturday, March 23, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. Born on May 29, 1935, in Houston, he was a son of the late Jessie Franklin and Lillie Terry Foster. He attended Houston schools. On April 3, 1953, he married Alice Levena Soden. While owning […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...