CHICKASAW COUNTY – When Pasty Gore went 10-7 on Monday, it marked 23 years of always being the person people from across the county could call for help. Gore formally retired as Chickasaw County 911 director June 30 and a community-wide reception will be held at Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility from 2-4 p.m. July […]
Tag Archives | retire
HOUSTON – Grass roots community efforts are hard to sustain, but Project Noel has been a mainstay in Houston during the Christmas season for almost 30 years. Children are “adopted” by clubs, churches, businesses and individuals who help provide clothing and gifts for Christmas and food boxes are dispensed to the elderly and those who […]
HOUSTON – Bonnie Sappington stamped her last stamp Thursday as a postman. Sappington retired after 33 years with the U.S. Postal Service, having worked the windows at both Houston and Houlka most of her career. “I’ve always liked working the window,” said Sappington. “You meet people and help them with postage to get a letter […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Eyes and ears August 21, 2014
- INGRAM: Paying the price at the pump August 21, 2014
- SCOTT: Let’s clean up our own back yard first August 23, 2014
- Houston duo named Showcase MVPs August 23, 2014
- Color For A Cause is Saturday August 22, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Developing Common Core standards August 22, 2014
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...