By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A bill authorizing a tourism tax in Houston has once again been sent to the Senate Local and Private Committee for approval and if passed would allow city residents to once again vote for or against a tourism tax. A tourism tax referendum narrowly failed last summer. […]
Tag Archives | Restaurant
Visitors traveling along the 444-mile-long Natchez Trace Parkway continue to make a significant economic impact on the communities along the route. A National Park Service report released Friday shows 6 million visitors to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013 spent $138.9 million in communities near the park. The spending also supported more than 1,698 jobs […]
Every community has their own special flavor and activities that set it apart from the rest of the world. Those of you who have grown up here may not realize how unique Houston is and some of the things that make it so different from other places on Earth. They are things like red, sandy […]
HOUSTON – Senatorial candidate Chris McDaniel is trying to visit ten towns a day in his campaign to unseat longtime incumbent Senator Thad Cochran, and Thursday, one of those stops was Houston. McDaniel dropped in Moore’s Restaurant in Houston and worked the room shaking hands and sitting down in booths with those eating breakfast, asking […]
At my house we have a job-jar. It’s a jar filled with jobs Sara feels need tending to on the Ingram Plantation. We’ve had this system for the past 20-years. I wake up most Saturday mornings and pull out a job. When it’s finished I pull out another. The job-jar has never been empty. It’s […]
PONTOTOC – Clara “C.J.” Huey, 70, passed away Monday, June 2, 2014. She was a member of Lee Memorial Baptist Church. She owned Trail Dust and Fairway Restaurants.Service will be at 11 a.m. Thursday June 5, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Bro. Gary Pettit will be officiating. Burial will be in Cruse Cemetery. […]
By Ginna Parsons Daily Journal STARKVILLE – When Taylor Blue entered college a couple of years ago, she was prepared to major in journalism. “But I hated it,” the 20-year-old said. “I enjoy writing, but I don’t like deadlines.” So she changed courses and decided to pursue educational psychology. “My mom is the special […]
PONTOTOC – Less than six months after its official opening, the Tanglefoot Trail is slated to host several athletic events this spring. The 44-mile paved trail that succeeds the historic GM&O Railroad will host the Altis Endurance Marathon and Half-Marathon on March 30. The event will begin and end in Houston, at the trail’s […]
They are an Okolona favorite and word is quickly spreading to the rest of Northeast Mississippi. Brody’s Family Restaurant is known for good food offered in a family atmosphere and cooked by people who truly care about how it tastes and is served. Established more than 12 years ago, Brody’s has developed a reputation of […]
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...