Visitors traveling along the 444-mile-long Natchez Trace Parkway continue to make a significant economic impact on the communities along the route. A National Park Service report released Friday shows 6 million visitors to the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013 spent $138.9 million in communities near the park. The spending also supported more than 1,698 jobs […]
Tag Archives | Restaurant
Every community has their own special flavor and activities that set it apart from the rest of the world. Those of you who have grown up here may not realize how unique Houston is and some of the things that make it so different from other places on Earth. They are things like red, sandy […]
HOUSTON – Senatorial candidate Chris McDaniel is trying to visit ten towns a day in his campaign to unseat longtime incumbent Senator Thad Cochran, and Thursday, one of those stops was Houston. McDaniel dropped in Moore’s Restaurant in Houston and worked the room shaking hands and sitting down in booths with those eating breakfast, asking […]
At my house we have a job-jar. It’s a jar filled with jobs Sara feels need tending to on the Ingram Plantation. We’ve had this system for the past 20-years. I wake up most Saturday mornings and pull out a job. When it’s finished I pull out another. The job-jar has never been empty. It’s […]
PONTOTOC – Clara “C.J.” Huey, 70, passed away Monday, June 2, 2014. She was a member of Lee Memorial Baptist Church. She owned Trail Dust and Fairway Restaurants.Service will be at 11 a.m. Thursday June 5, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Bro. Gary Pettit will be officiating. Burial will be in Cruse Cemetery. […]
By Ginna Parsons Daily Journal STARKVILLE – When Taylor Blue entered college a couple of years ago, she was prepared to major in journalism. “But I hated it,” the 20-year-old said. “I enjoy writing, but I don’t like deadlines.” So she changed courses and decided to pursue educational psychology. “My mom is the special […]
PONTOTOC – Less than six months after its official opening, the Tanglefoot Trail is slated to host several athletic events this spring. The 44-mile paved trail that succeeds the historic GM&O Railroad will host the Altis Endurance Marathon and Half-Marathon on March 30. The event will begin and end in Houston, at the trail’s […]
They are an Okolona favorite and word is quickly spreading to the rest of Northeast Mississippi. Brody’s Family Restaurant is known for good food offered in a family atmosphere and cooked by people who truly care about how it tastes and is served. Established more than 12 years ago, Brody’s has developed a reputation of […]
- Boys beware! February 20, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon starts Wednesday February 24, 2015
- Schools announce Wednesday closings February 25, 2015
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors February 25, 2015
- Region could see inches of snow today February 25, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...