HOUSTON — They walked, they talked and they raised money to find a cure for cancer. Hundreds of people packed Joe Brigance Park Friday night to celebrate the 2014 Chickasaw County Relay for Life and raise money to fight cancer. “We had good crowds, good participation and perfect weather,” said Rick Huffman, spokesman for the […]
Tag Archives | Relay
HOUSTON – Cancer touches everybody’s lives. The American Cancer Society estimates one-in-four people will be diagnosed with some type of cancer during their lifetime and Chickasaw County Relay for Life is asking the community to come to Joe Brignance Park Friday night and help them bring that number down. “If you have not been touched […]
HOUSTON – They say deep pockets solve lots of problems and it costs to do research that may one day find a cure for Cancer. The Chickasaw County Relay for Life will be held May 2 at Joe Brigance Park to raise money to find a cure and Relay team members are fanning out to […]
by Jean Dendy Special to the Chickasaw Journal I would like to extend a big “thank you” to everyone who helped make this year’s Relay for Life such a great success. The committee, team captains and team members all did an exceptional job this year. Carol Koutroulis and those who assisted her again provided […]
HOUSTON – Months of fund raising for the American Cancer Society will culminate in a party in the park this Friday night as the Chickasaw County Relay for Life event will begin at 6 p.m. Relay for Life is a friendly competition between teams made of school, civic, church and family groups who raise funds […]
SPARTA – This ain’t your typical beauty review, this ain’t typical Sparta Opry entertainment and this ain’t something your eyes will quickly forget. The Southern Survivors Relay for Life Team, the New Century Breast Cancer Support Group and Sparta Opry will host a Womanless Beauty Revue at 6 p.m. Saturday to raise money for the […]
HOUSTON – The annual Chickasaw County Relay for Life event is set for May 3 at Joe Brigance Park in Houston and local teams are gearing up their fundraising efforts for the American Cancer Society. In an effort to involve more people from different walks of life, teams are planning new and different events to […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Travel pay more about selfishness than finances August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...