By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann said Monday Mississippi has overcome its long history of voter discrimination and disenfranchisement and is now ready for a complete overhaul of its election laws. Hosemann, the third-term Republican, outlined during a speech at a luncheon meeting of the Mississippi State […]
Tag Archives | Registration
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Registration is continuing for GED Prep and English Second Language classes in Itawamba Community College’s five-county district including the Chickasaw County WIN Center in Houston. The schedule will have the Houston WIN Center offer the classes, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m., with instructor Julia […]
Houston Lower Elementary School will hold 5-year-old kindergarten registration from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday March 23 at the gym. Parents must bring shot records, birth certificate, two proofs of residency and Social Security card. Children will be tested. For more information call the Houston Lower Elementary School at 456-3323 during regular office hours.
HOUSTON – Public school are open to all, but Houston School District will be monitoring where students live this fall. The first day of school will be Aug. 6 and district officials are urging parents and guardians to attend Open House from 4-7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5, to pick up schedules and iron out any […]
HOUSTON – State law requires parents to prove they live in a school district before they enroll a child in school. The Mississippi State Board of Education is reminding parents that falsely giving residency information is a misdemeanor and conviction can see the parent or guardian fined. Several cities in Mississippi have passed ordinances making […]
JACKSON (AP) – Saturday is the deadline for Mississippians to register to vote in the June 3 congressional primary election. Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says in a news release that circuit clerks’ offices will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday to accept voter registration applications. Mail-in voter registration applications must be postmarked […]
The sixth annual Houston Fire Academy for Kids is holding registration now for the upcoming camp July 22-26. The camp is open for children and youth ages eight to 13 and there are 30 spots available to parents are encouraged to register early. There is no fee for the four-day camp which is held at […]
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Houston man arrested for fraud. May 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...