JACKSON – Friends of Mississippi public schools are working statewide to get signatures on petitions for a constitutional amendment to require the state to adequately fund kindergarten through Grade 12. The petition drive is organized by Better Schools, Better Jobs, a statewide group formed to promote the issue for the November 2015 ballot. Signature collectors […]
Tag Archives | Register
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – People going to vote on Tuesday comfortable that they know the poll workers and will not need a government-issued photo identification to cast a ballot better think again. In response to a request from the secretary of state’s office, Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood has issued […]
HOUSTON – More than two-dozen people packed the board room at City Hall to hear the pros and cons of downtown Houston being listed on the National Historic Register. Bill Gatlin, of the Mississippi Department of Archives and History, said there is a lot of mis-information about being named to the National Historic Register and […]
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Trustees, judges on ballot November 24, 2014
- ICC scholarships awarded to local students November 24, 2014
- Bells will be ringing November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Shop local November 27, 2014
- A reason to be thankful November 27, 2014
- Davis Lake bridge bids opened November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...