By Chris Kieffer Daily Journal TUPELO – Mississippi’s lieutenant governor would like to amend the state’s new charter school law. Tate Reeves was among the primary forces behind the 2013 state law that allowed Mississippi’s first charter schools. For it to truly have an impact, he said on Wednesday, it must be changed to allow […]
Tag Archives | Reeves
SHANNON – Ottis Eugene Bass, 49, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was born Jan. 21, 1965, to Bayward Talmadge and Carolyn Codelia Halcomb Bass. He was employed as a frame builder at United Furniture and was known for being a hard worker. Previously, he worked for both Ashley Industries and Lane Furniture. His hobbies […]
GUNTOWN – Diane Herndon Reeves, 45, died on March 5, 2014. The youngest daughter of James Wilson Herndon and Maggie Aaron Herndon, she was born on March 1, 1969, in the Pontotoc Community Hospital. She grew up in Bruce and the Sarepta community in Calhoun County, where she attended Bruce Schools, Bruce First Baptist Church […]
GUNTOWN – The Mississippi Bureau of Investigations is looking into the death of Diane Herndon Reeves, 45, of Guntown. She was found dead around 3 p.m. Thursday by Guntown police. Lee County Coroner Carlyn Green said Reeves died from a single gunshot wound. “There were indications of a self-inflicted wound, but there were also some […]
TUPELO – Audrey Pearl Westmoreland, 86, died Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, at Countrywood Manor after an extended illness. She was born Dec. 25, 1927, in Itawamba County, the daughter of Bernice and Katie Southern Fowler. She was a longtime employee of Lane Furniture, from 1973 until she retired in 1993. She was a faithful member […]
OKOLONA – Glen David Reeves, 55, died Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center following a brief illness. A lifelong resident of Okolona, he was born March 23, 1958, to O.D. Reeves and Lillie Baughman Reeves. He was a 1976 graduate of Okolona High School. He served in the Mississippi National Guard for […]
Two Chickasaw County 4H members will head to the state shooting sports meet this week. Austin Reeves and Cassie Earnest, both members of 4H Shooting Sports will compete with other youth from around the state during the two-day meet July 12-13. Both Reeves and Earnest have been involved with shooting and hunting since they were […]
HOUSTON – Austin Reeves heads to Nebraska in June to compete in the National 4-H Shooting Sports competition in .22-caliber and he was on the range in district competition in both .22 and shotgun recently honing his skills . Reeves was one of 27 youngsters from Chickasaw County competing in .22-caliber rifle, air-rifle, shotgun […]
By Bobby Harrison NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – Various sources have confirmed that the Legislature will take up incentives in Friday’s special session to lure a major foreign tire manufacturing plant to Clay County. But officials say information on the size of the incentive package will not be made available to the public until just […]
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Who’s No. 1! November 28, 2014
- Monroe authorities need help locating missing man November 28, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...