By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The state Senate rejected a proposal to phase in full funding of the Mississippi Adequate Education Program over a three-year period and instead sent to Gov. Phil Bryant a bill that increases funding for education by $110 million. The Senate proposal, which passed the House earlier […]
Tag Archives | Reeves
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The 2015 session of the Mississippi Legislature, which starts Tuesday, will not be lacking for high-profile issues that could cause conflict and hard feelings this election year. Among the issues that could be contentious are: • A possible tax cut. • Additional funding for education. • […]
By Chris Kieffer Daily Journal TUPELO – Mississippi’s lieutenant governor would like to amend the state’s new charter school law. Tate Reeves was among the primary forces behind the 2013 state law that allowed Mississippi’s first charter schools. For it to truly have an impact, he said on Wednesday, it must be changed to allow […]
SHANNON – Ottis Eugene Bass, 49, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was born Jan. 21, 1965, to Bayward Talmadge and Carolyn Codelia Halcomb Bass. He was employed as a frame builder at United Furniture and was known for being a hard worker. Previously, he worked for both Ashley Industries and Lane Furniture. His hobbies […]
GUNTOWN – Diane Herndon Reeves, 45, died on March 5, 2014. The youngest daughter of James Wilson Herndon and Maggie Aaron Herndon, she was born on March 1, 1969, in the Pontotoc Community Hospital. She grew up in Bruce and the Sarepta community in Calhoun County, where she attended Bruce Schools, Bruce First Baptist Church […]
GUNTOWN – The Mississippi Bureau of Investigations is looking into the death of Diane Herndon Reeves, 45, of Guntown. She was found dead around 3 p.m. Thursday by Guntown police. Lee County Coroner Carlyn Green said Reeves died from a single gunshot wound. “There were indications of a self-inflicted wound, but there were also some […]
TUPELO – Audrey Pearl Westmoreland, 86, died Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, at Countrywood Manor after an extended illness. She was born Dec. 25, 1927, in Itawamba County, the daughter of Bernice and Katie Southern Fowler. She was a longtime employee of Lane Furniture, from 1973 until she retired in 1993. She was a faithful member […]
OKOLONA – Glen David Reeves, 55, died Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center following a brief illness. A lifelong resident of Okolona, he was born March 23, 1958, to O.D. Reeves and Lillie Baughman Reeves. He was a 1976 graduate of Okolona High School. He served in the Mississippi National Guard for […]
Two Chickasaw County 4H members will head to the state shooting sports meet this week. Austin Reeves and Cassie Earnest, both members of 4H Shooting Sports will compete with other youth from around the state during the two-day meet July 12-13. Both Reeves and Earnest have been involved with shooting and hunting since they were […]
HOUSTON – Austin Reeves heads to Nebraska in June to compete in the National 4-H Shooting Sports competition in .22-caliber and he was on the range in district competition in both .22 and shotgun recently honing his skills . Reeves was one of 27 youngsters from Chickasaw County competing in .22-caliber rifle, air-rifle, shotgun […]
By Bobby Harrison NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – Various sources have confirmed that the Legislature will take up incentives in Friday’s special session to lure a major foreign tire manufacturing plant to Clay County. But officials say information on the size of the incentive package will not be made available to the public until just […]
- Houston honors baseball stars July 21, 2015
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 25, 2015
- NMMC to offer pre-admission class for Hispanic mothers July 25, 2015
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- All weather walkers July 26, 2015
- Unusually high absentee voting activity reported July 28, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...