HOUSTON – The Houston School board voted unanimously not to renew the contract of long-time Houston School District Superintendent Dr. Steve Coker at a special called meeting Tuesday night, Dec. 16. On a motion by Trustee Carol Byrne and a second by Trustee Marvin Beard the board voted 5-0 with Board President Daniel Herringa, outgoing […]
Tag Archives | Reese
HOUSTON – Sundancer has literally gone farther and faster than any other Solar Car team in the country and now they have set their sights on the world. The 2015 Solar Car team was introduced to the Houston Solar Car Committee last week and have pitched the idea of carrying Sundancer back to Australia for […]
HOUSTON – Houston’s best and brightest head to Texas this week seeking their 14th national title in the Solar Car Challenge – it won’t be easy. The Houston Solar Car Team and their vehicle Sundancer will check in at the Marriott Hotel in Dallas on Friday and race in a new hybrid format that will […]
WEST POINT – William Harold “Pete” Edwards Jr., DVM, 69, passed away on Sunday, June 1, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point. He was born on July 13, 1944, to Mary Jean Hardin and William Harold Edwards Sr. He was the owner of West Point Animal Clinic for many years. He was a member […]
WOODLAND — Anna Loraine McCoy Pate, 85, died Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Church Street Personal Care Home in Ecru. She was born June 17, 1928, in Booneville to Chester Arthur McCoy and Florence Loraine Clark McCoy. She was retired from Franklin Corporation and was a member of Woodland Baptist Church. Services are Saturday, March […]
Dear Editor, As I drove from Pyland to Houston I saw on the horizon the dark tower of smoke rising and standing out like a lone pine tree in a pasture. Suddenly all my hopes for a miracle were shattered. From then on I expected the worst. When I was years five year old, […]
ABERDEEN – Terral Reese Jr., 71, died on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory. Born Oct. 24, 1941, in Hamilton, he was a son of the late Terral and Mittie Mae Wolf Reese. He was a member of the Holiness church. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, racing, spending time […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Hill named to National Society of Collegiate Scholars May 19, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...