By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – The Houlka Wildcats came on strong this spring and went three-rounds deep into the MHSAA Baseball Playoffs before falling to Smithville last week. The Wildcats fell in two games to a strong Smithville team with a 6-14 loss on Tuesday and the season ending 3-7 […]
Tag Archives | Reed
HOULKA – He was a star football and basketball player, but when it came to picking the sport that will pay for college, Tyreque Reed chose baseball. Reed is a key part of the success the team has had this spring and Houlka plays Smithville this week for the North State championship and a chance […]
By Melissa Meador Monroe Journal SMITHVILLE – Smithville is hitting its offensive stride deep in the playoffs. The defending champ Noles pounded out double-digit runs for the second game in a row, grabbing a 14-6 win over Houlka to start out 1-0 in their Class 1A baseball semifinal series. “Today our hitting came around just […]
HOUSTON – Houston High School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Ninth Grade Superintendent’s List Sandy Garner, Rodrigo Hernandez, Malik Lawrence and Alex Springer. Ninth Grade Principal’s List Austin Barfield, Caroline Blakenship, Maggie Flatt, Tori Graves, Trey Griggs, Garrett Harrell, Kayla Mims, Andrew Mitchell, Hunter Moore, Sharia Moore, Harley Nabors, Hayden Powell, […]
HOUSTON — Jeannette Patterson Hood Scott Davis, 95, passed away peacefully on Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was the daughter of Dr. and Mrs. James M. Hood of Houlka. She graduated from Houlka High School, where she was the first, Miss Houlka, and attended Blue Mountain College. She was a […]
WEST POINT – Mary Alice McClure, 91, passed away on Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, at Trinity Place Personal Care Home in Columbus. She was born Aug. 21, 1922, in Columbus, the daughter of the late William Arthur Jones Sr. and Annie Bell Dortherow Jones. She was a retired office clerk for the Clay County Co-Op. […]
WEST POINT – John William “Bill” Vest, 93, passed away, on Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014, at Mississippi State Veterans Home in Kosciusko. He was born in Stevenson, Ala., to Ella Mae Hart and James Horton Vest Sr. He was a farmer and former service station owner and was a member of the Baptist faith. He […]
WEST POINT – Dorothy Ray Reed Felder, 90, passed away on Tuesday, June 11, 2013, at the Heritage Manor Nursing Home in Mandeville, La. She was born Jan. 12, 1923, in Oktibbeha County to Georgia Lee Justice Reed and Raymond Bell Reed. She was a graduate of Mississippi State University where she received her master’s […]
- Teachers to be allowed to paddle September 28, 2015
- DUKE DENTON: Hospitals owe patients a list of procedure costs September 27, 2015
- Huffman, Webb earn ICC scholarships September 30, 2015
- Vardaman wins homecoming, 48-7 October 1, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Let’s get on the Trail October 1, 2015
- AREA ROUNDUP: Adams scores three touchdowns in limited action October 3, 2015
- Tanglefoot Trail signs destroyed in Pontotoc County October 3, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Politicians parsing words October 3, 2015
- WEEK 7: High School Football Scores October 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Fall fun in Topper Town October 2, 2015
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...
- Carolyn Goggans: In the pictures above ( the second from the bottom...