By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – When Dan Mullen was hired at Mississippi State seven years ago, he vowed to keep in-state recruits at home. Mullen has held true to his word. Of the 176 players Mullen has signed since 2009, 111 have been from programs within the Magnolia State. The Bulldogs brought in […]
Tag Archives | Recruiting
By Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – It was closer than even his mother knew, but Chris Jones is taking his talents to Mississippi State. Houston’s 5-star defensive end ended his highly-scrutinized recruitment Wednesday morning by choosing the Bulldogs over Ole Miss in a signing day ceremony at Houston High School. “To tell you […]
By NEMS Daily Journal *** 9:29 a.m. – From Daily Journal’s Brandon Speck in Houston (@brandonspeck) Chris Jones’ mom says: ‘Never really close to going to #OleMiss.’ #DJPreps *** 9:21 a.m. – More from Brad Locke on Chris Jones … Chris Jones is sticking with Mississippi State. The five-star defensive end from Houston, Miss., held […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – Chris Jones is a man on the football field. Off of it, he only looks like one. The 6-foot-7, 255-pound recruiting prize out of Houston is a kid, a kid who can’t have a normal life as a high school senior. Most teenagers can tweet and Facebook […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Sports HOUSTON – Mississippi State and Ole Miss are making their final pitches to Houston 5-star defensive end Chris Jones. Both schools are scheduled to visit him Saturday, four days ahead of national signing day. Jones, an MSU commitment since June, has pumped new life into his recruitment with a […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – Houston’s 5-star defensive end Chris Jones has been committed to Mississippi State since June. He took an official visit to Ole Miss last weekend. In an interview Tuesday in Houston he talked about his recruiting and what is next. “I’m still committed to Mississippi State. Both […]
by Parrish Alford NEMS Daily Journal OXFORD – A big recruiting weekend for official visits concludes today at Ole Miss with Rebels coach Hugh Freeze looking to fill out a handful of spots on what continues to shape up as a very promising class. In fact, one of those spots was taken late Friday evening […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON — Chris Jones is as calm a high school senior as you’ll meet, especially considering the life-changing signature he’ll sign in two weeks. The 6-foot-7, 255-pound 5-star defensive end from Houston has a lot coming at him. Jones committed to Mississippi State in June but since then has […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON — Chris Jones is as calm a high school senior as you’ll meet, especially considering the life-changing signature he’ll sign in two weeks. The 6-foot-7, 255-pound 5-star defensive end recruit from Houston has a lot coming at him. Jones committed to Mississippi State in June but since […]
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Houston man charged in shooting incident April 1, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...