HOUSTON, Texas – Raymond Newman, 64, died Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014, at Park Manor Nursing Home in The Woodlands, Texas. He was born April 6, 1949, in Houston, Miss. He served in the U.S. Air Force during the Vietnam War. He was a retired IRS agent. After retiring, he worked as a substitute school teacher. Services […]
Tag Archives | Raymond
WINONA – Raymond Keel, 86, died Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014, at his son’s home in Winona. Services will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City Burial will be in Spring Creek Cemetery at Banner. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Tuesday at the funeral […]
AMORY – Raymond D. Barksdale III, 55, died Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, in Amory. Born July 21, 1958, in Meridian, he was the son of Raymond and Walterine Beason Barksdale. He married Sharon McDonald in 1978. Graduating from Caldwell High School in Columbus, he attended Golden Triangle Vo-Tech. He was of the Baptist faith. He […]
VARDAMAN – Raymon Lee Murphree, 84, died Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013, at his daughter’s home. He was born Dec. 19, 1928, in Calhoun County. He was the retired owner of Salvage & Scrap Metal Recycling and a member of New Liberty Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013, at Parker […]
PONTOTOC – Raymond Furr Montgomery Sr., 90, died Friday, May 3, 2013, at Sunshine Health Care. He was a World War II Army Veteran, Private First Class Headquarters Battery – 109th Field Artillery Battalion Battles and Campaigns: Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes, Central Europe, Battle of the Bulge, Bastonge, Germany. A recent found newpaper article […]
HOUSTON – Good food and good fellowship for a good cause are the focus of a Boy Scout fundraiser set for next week. The Pushmataha Council of Boy Scouts of America will host its annual fundraiser and meal at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, in the Training Room of the Houston Fire Department in downtown […]
TUPELO – Bobbie Sue Butler Burton, 79, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at Magnolia Manor of Tupelo, A native of Mize, she had lived in Jackson many years before moving to Tupelo in 2010. She was a member of Daniel Memorial Baptist Church. She was a retired federal employee with 34 years of service with […]
- Okolona releases first 9 week honor roll December 10, 2014
- Waylon Aaron Neil Blansett December 14, 2014
- BIRTHDAY: Mary Ruth Johnson December 14, 2014
- Pulling it all together December 15, 2014
- Correctional Facility goes into lockdown December 15, 2014
- Reaching out to offenders December 17, 2014
- Houston superintendent’s contract not renewed December 17, 2014
- Topper Old Timer December 16, 2014
- United Furniture to expand in former Lane building December 16, 2014
- Take a bite out of Christmas crime December 16, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...