Daily Journal Northeast Mississippi’s unemployment rate was 8.4 percent in January, up from December’s 7.6 percent rate. But the figure isn’t a cause for alarm. Despite the increase, the rate was almost two percentage points lower than a year earlier. And January’s rate marked the fourth-lowest unemployment rate for the region since 2008. The numbers […]
Tag Archives | Rate
HOUSTON – In the garden of economic development a community has to have water to make industrial, commercial and residential property bloom. The Houston Board of Aldermen was handed a breakdown of proposed water rate increases to be spread over industrial, residential and commercial customers by Mayor Stacey Parker at the city’s regular first-Tuesday meeting […]
HOUSTON – After suffering through double-digit unemployment most of the year, Chickasaw County’s jobless rate dropped to 9.9 percent last month The trend was part what local businessmen and employers feel is a warming of the economy and a need to add jobs as orders and production increases. Northeast Mississippi’s annual unemployment rate dropped […]
HOUSTON – For the fourth consecutive month, the unemployment rate in Northeast Mississippi declined, but in Chickasaw County it continues to hover at 11 percent. Last week, the Mississippi Department of Employment Security released preliminary numbers showing the 16-county region’s jobless rate fell to 8.7 percent in October. Chickasaw County’s jobless rate was the same […]
We are pleased the Mississippi Department of Education chose to reward Houston Upper Elementary School academic achievement. A story on Page One of this newspaper explains the Champions of Change designation and how much it should mean to Houston School District and both our city and our county. We would like to point out some […]
Northeast Mississippi’s unemployment rate declined a second consecutive month in August, falling to 9.4 percent, The 16-county region recorded its second-lowest jobless rate of the year, based on preliminary figures provided by the Mississippi Department of Employment Security. MDES’ revised figures showed July’s rate was 9.5 percent for the region; the preliminary numbers indicated a […]
National numbers show the teen birth rate dropping dramatically around the country, but not so in Chickasaw County. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention report released last week said the teen birth rate has dropped 30- to 40-percent in some parts of the country. Mississippi and Arkansas continue to lead the nation with a […]
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Cleo Boyce April 22, 2014
- Okolona cracks down on city travel April 22, 2014
- Manufacturing event set for Franklin Furniture Center at MSU April 21, 2014
- Pink ribbon run Saturday April 21, 2014
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl April 23, 2014
- Lions snatch victory from Wildcats April 23, 2014
- Houston hosts a who? April 23, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...