HOUSTON – Aldermen want to “draw a line” and enforce Houston ordinances and building codes, but not this month. The Houston Board of Aldermen scheduled five property clean-up hearings Tuesday night and discussed the need to improve the quality of life in Houston by improving the quality and appearance of neighborhoods through code enforcement. They […]
Tag Archives | Randy
OKOLONA – Students at the Okolona Vocational Complex had a course on traffic and automobile safety April 4 thanks to a partnership of the OVC, Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department and members of the Family, Community, Career Leaders of America club. Officer Keith Roberston was the guest speaker for the event and shared statistics on teen […]
HOUSTON – The crowd was smaller but the need is greater. The number who showed up on the Courthouse Square for Thursday’s National Day of Prayer was below last year’s count, but the community still prayed for recent storm victims, the country and those suffering sickness and hard times. ”Houston dodged this last storm but […]
HOUSTON – Prayer changes things. The Greater Houston Ministerial Alliance will host the National Day of Prayer on The Square at noon Thursday and is inviting the community to come and pray for their town, state and nation. “We will start just a few minutes after noon and will finish up a before 1 p.m.” […]
HOUSTON – True love won its prize in the end and the curtain closed on another successful spring production of the Houston Community Theatre Feb. 22. “One more time, we did it,” smiled Director Janet Coker of the conclusion of this year’s offering, “Hello, Dolly.” The production was performed three times in two days for […]
PONTOTOC – The Tanglefoot Trail name is being protected against encroachment. The GM&O Rails-to-Trails Recreational District, which owns the 44.53-mile bike-and-pedestrian, Houston-to-New Albany path, last month took steps to become the legal owners of the name and related graphics. The name reflects the name of an early locomotive on the route and hints at […]
HOUSTON – It takes a family to make a house a home. Houston Habitat for Humanity is seeking members for its Family Search Committee as they begin the process of building another home in the community. “Getting the right people to join with Habitat is so critical to make the process of work,” said Barbara […]
OKOLONA – Randy Johnson, 42, died Tuesday, July 16, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by N.L. Jones Funeral Directors.
HOUSTON — Habitat for Humanity of Houston is seeking applicants for homes currently planned for construction. Persons who are interested in being considered should call Rev. Randy Rinehart at 542-1911 to begin the application process. All information submitted to Habitat for Humanity is confidential. Habitat does have legal guidelines to follow and a tried-and-true process […]
OKOLONA – The theme of the Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce banquet was on business and industry with recognitions going out to existing companies but the largest business recognized was the one that is not there – yet. Randy Kelley, Executive Director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District, announced the Chickasaw County Rail Site, […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON — Habitat for Humanity of Houston is seeking applicants who want to partner with them for home construction. Persons who are interested in being considered should call Rev. Randy Rinehart at 542-1911 to begin the application process. All information submitted to Habitat for Humanity is confidential. Habitat does […]
OKOLONA – The 79th annual Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce banquet will be held March 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the National Guard Armory and the focus this year will be on local business and industry in relation to economic growth. Randy Kelley, Executive Director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District, will deliver the […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...