RANDOLPH – L. Dean Quarles, 85, died Friday, March 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Inpatient Hospice in Tupelo. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Carey Springs Baptist Church. Burial will be in Carey Springs Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will begin at […]
Tag Archives | Randolph
RANDOLPH – Winston Glenn “Blue” Quarles, 84, died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Inpatient Hospice in Tupelo. He was a retired auto/tractor parts manager. He was a deacon and member of Hopewell Primitive Baptist Church, but attended Bethany Primitive Baptist Church in recent years. He was a veteran of the Korean […]
PONTOTOC – George T. Hodge, 88, died Monday, Feb. 4, 2013, at Sunshine Rest Home. He grew up in Tippah County, moving to Pontotoc County in 1940. He was a farmer and a school bus driver, and he ran a country store at Randolph. For 20 years he was in the used car business with […]
Delivery of the Chickasaw Journal and the Daily Journal newspapers will be much later than normal today. We’re sorry for the delay and we are working to get newspapers to customers as soon as possible. Chickasaw Journal customers can always call 456-3771 if they do not receive their paper.
RANDOLPH – Linda Merle Waldrop, 78, died Monday, Jan. 28, 2013, at Graceland Care Center in Pontotoc. Services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Burial was in Pontotoc City Cemetery. Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and from 9 to 10 a.m. Wednesday.
HOUSTON — The Sappers wants to say thank you to Houston The 288th Engineer Company of the 223rd Battalion of the Mississippi National Guard has invited the community to a welcome home ceremony set for 2 p.m. Sunday at Houston High School. “This will be our first weekend drill since we returned from deployment,” said […]
Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 3-1/2 years at the shop across […]
This week’s Chickasaw Journal newspaper has a fresher, cleaner, more colorful look, and there’s a reason. The newspaper delivered to your door this week is the first full edition of the Chickasaw Journal to come off a new printing press at the production facilities of the Chickasaw Journal in Tupelo. This multi-million dollar […]
An Inner Healing Conference at New Wine Fellowship in Houston will be held Jan. 18-20 for teaching and ministering to those who need emotional healing. Pastor Tommy Kelly and Pastor Scott Free invite those who have been abused sexually, physically, emotionally are invited to attend services at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday with personal ministry […]
ECRU – Larry Dale Tutor Sr., 64, died Friday, Jan. 4, 2013, at his residence. He was born and raised in Randolph. He was a U.S. Army veteran. He was a loving father, grandfather and faithful friend. Service is at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 8, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc, with Bro. Ronnie […]
RANDOLPH – Samantha Gail Morris Bridges, 44, died Sunday, Dec. 9, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a cashier at the West Main Walmart in Tupelo. She loved to play the piano and sing. She loved all people and animals and never met a stranger. Service is at 2 p.m. Tuesday […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston tourism tax vote set for Aug. 11 May 18, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...