By Gene Phelps Special to the Chickasaw Journal VARDAMAN – Madarius Hobson hit a little bit of everything in his offensive arsenal Tuesday, but he was still held under his 23-points-per-game average. Houlka’s multi-talented 6-foot-1 freshman guard scored all 21 of his points in a lopsided first quarter to lead the Wildcats (15-4, 1-0) to […]
Tag Archives | Rams
AREA SCORES Friday Aberdeen 41, Nettleton 0 Baldwyn 45, Mantachie 14 Biggersville 20, Vardaman 14 Booneville 55, Alcorn Central 6 Briarfield, La. 52, Calhoun Aca. 36 Caledonia 28, Houston 27 Calhoun City 56, Bruce 15 Corinth 49, Pontotoc 14 E. Webster 31, Okolona 22 Falkner 19, Thrasher 12 Grenada 14, Tupelo 11 Hamilton 46, Houlka […]
VARDAMAN – When coaches start meeting with players in the fall, football can’t be far behind. The Mississippi High School Activities Association has strict rules about how many times, when and where coaches can meet with prospective players, so the first organizational meeting is critical to get everyone on the same page. “I’ve been starting […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Vardaman football coach Larry Gann wasn’t pleased with the Rams’ Sept. 4 practice. “Really disappointed in the effort today; hard to get better without the effort to go full speed. Somebody needs to step up & lead!” That via Gann’s Twitter account, @RLGann. Gann is a coaching veteran. His […]
VARDAMAN – Thirty-three students stepped across the stage, shook principal Paul Porter Casey’s hand a accepted their diploma from Vardaman High School at 2013 graduation ceremonies. Parents, faculty, students and the entire community gathered at Vardaman High School Gymnasium Saturday afternoon to see a number of honors, awards and diplomas handed to seniors. The ceremony […]
VARDAMAN – The Lady Rams battled through their season and into playoffs but came up just short of their goal of a trip to Jackson this year. The Vardaman girls closed out their season in quarterfinals, one game away from making North Half. The Lady Rams went three games in the play-in round, finally passing […]
Scores from Monday, April 29 Baseball Alcorn Central 4-8, Mantachie 3-4 Softball Corinth 11, Caledonia 1 North Pontotoc 9, Germantown 7 Kossuth 8-5, Mantachie 13-2 Hatley 9, Strayhorn 1 Vardaman 11, Wheeler 1.
VARDAMAN – The Lady Rams, like many other sports teams, didn’t have much downtime over spring break. The Vardaman girls hosted tournament March 14 and played in the Calhoun County tournament March 16, picking up two wins, one loss and one tie. Coach Billy Dill is looking for his team to be strong going into […]
Scores from Thursday, March 14: Baseball Baldwyn 7, Kossuth 5 Hatley 3, Potts Camp 0 Pontotoc 12, Mantachie 2 Booneville 13, Shannon 3 Booneville 5, Itawamba AHS 2 Amory 7, Saltillo 1 Nettleton 6, Smithville 2 Smithville 9, Red Bay 0 Softball Mooreville 10, Baldwyn 0 North Pontotoc 11, Ripley 1 North Pontotoc 2, Tupelo […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...