VARDAMAN – When coaches start meeting with players in the fall, football can’t be far behind. The Mississippi High School Activities Association has strict rules about how many times, when and where coaches can meet with prospective players, so the first organizational meeting is critical to get everyone on the same page. “I’ve been starting […]
Tag Archives | Rams
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Vardaman football coach Larry Gann wasn’t pleased with the Rams’ Sept. 4 practice. “Really disappointed in the effort today; hard to get better without the effort to go full speed. Somebody needs to step up & lead!” That via Gann’s Twitter account, @RLGann. Gann is a coaching veteran. His […]
VARDAMAN – Thirty-three students stepped across the stage, shook principal Paul Porter Casey’s hand a accepted their diploma from Vardaman High School at 2013 graduation ceremonies. Parents, faculty, students and the entire community gathered at Vardaman High School Gymnasium Saturday afternoon to see a number of honors, awards and diplomas handed to seniors. The ceremony […]
VARDAMAN – The Lady Rams battled through their season and into playoffs but came up just short of their goal of a trip to Jackson this year. The Vardaman girls closed out their season in quarterfinals, one game away from making North Half. The Lady Rams went three games in the play-in round, finally passing […]
Scores from Monday, April 29 Baseball Alcorn Central 4-8, Mantachie 3-4 Softball Corinth 11, Caledonia 1 North Pontotoc 9, Germantown 7 Kossuth 8-5, Mantachie 13-2 Hatley 9, Strayhorn 1 Vardaman 11, Wheeler 1.
VARDAMAN – The Lady Rams, like many other sports teams, didn’t have much downtime over spring break. The Vardaman girls hosted tournament March 14 and played in the Calhoun County tournament March 16, picking up two wins, one loss and one tie. Coach Billy Dill is looking for his team to be strong going into […]
Scores from Thursday, March 14: Baseball Baldwyn 7, Kossuth 5 Hatley 3, Potts Camp 0 Pontotoc 12, Mantachie 2 Booneville 13, Shannon 3 Booneville 5, Itawamba AHS 2 Amory 7, Saltillo 1 Nettleton 6, Smithville 2 Smithville 9, Red Bay 0 Softball Mooreville 10, Baldwyn 0 North Pontotoc 11, Ripley 1 North Pontotoc 2, Tupelo […]
- Anchor Alzheimer Challenge September 24, 2014
- Flywheel set to spin Sept. 26-27 September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football scores September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: Football Roundup September 27, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- LIFE strategies September 29, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...