Special to the Chickasaw Journal Freezing rain was reported in some parts of Northeast Mississippi Monday creating slick roadways, but no major problems had developed. The University of Mississippi delayed opening until 10 a.m. Oxford Schools ran buses and opened two hours later than usual but intend to stay open all day. Lafayette County Schools […]
Tag Archives | Rain
JACKSON (AP) – The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for central and south Mississippi until 6 p.m. Severe thunderstorm watches were also issued during the day as the severe weather moved through the state. Golf ball-sized hail fell in Enterprise, along with some pea-sized hail in the Bude area. There were also […]
A summer storm Sunday afternoon saw dime-size hail reported in Houston and larger hail falling in Anchor. Linda Griffin, Director of the Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency, golf-ball size hail was reported in Anchor with minor damage reported to buildings, cars and gardens. “There were a few vehicles reporting damage and the skylight at the […]
I cannot believe I am sitting down to write this column hoping it rains. Last week we had enough rain and storms but my tomatoes need some of the liquid from heaven. I have been very concerned about students bringing weapons to school and using them on other students. Most of the time these incidents […]
National Weather Service THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MEMPHIS HAS ISSUED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR… NORTHEASTERN CHICKASAW COUNTY IN NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI… LEE COUNTY IN NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI… NORTHWESTERN MONROE COUNTY IN NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI… UNTIL 330 PM CDT • AT 253 PM CDT…NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL…AND DAMAGING […]
We moved to Houston four years ago and have attended every Flywheel Festival since – spring and fall. Our first year here we got to pull the lanyard on the Keck-Gonnerman steam tractor and make it whistle. The next year we got to push the button at the Friday morning anvil shoot. Last year we […]
Valentine’s Day 2014 has come and gone around the old Voyles house. Our humble abode was not bombarded with hearts, flowers and candy – again. But I’m not complaining. Really, it’s ok. I’ve got a box full of hearts and handmade valentines my son made for me during his elementary school years that still touch […]
HOULKA – Decklain Haze Rain Paden, infant child of Letosha Joy Monts and Michael Anthony Paden Jr., passed away Monday, Nov. 11, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery. Visitation will be from […]
Halloween is over and that means next stop is Thanksgiving. I noticed several churches in the area are doing some kind of “Days of Thanksgiving” countdown to Nov. 28. Life is hard, but a quick look around shows we truly do have a lot to be thankful for in Chickasaw County. I get so fed […]
VARDAMAN – The Lady Rams battled through their season and into playoffs but came up just short of their goal of a trip to Jackson this year. The Vardaman girls closed out their season in quarterfinals, one game away from making North Half. The Lady Rams went three games in the play-in round, finally passing […]
From Staff and Wire Reports The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is asking residents to prepare for severe weather this afternoon and evening. The National Weather Service is predicting that an approaching cold front will bring the possibility of strong tornadoes, damaging winds, large hail and flash flooding.Weather Service predictions show a moderate risk of tornadoes […]
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...