A summer storm Sunday afternoon saw dime-size hail reported in Houston and larger hail falling in Anchor. Linda Griffin, Director of the Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency, golf-ball size hail was reported in Anchor with minor damage reported to buildings, cars and gardens. “There were a few vehicles reporting damage and the skylight at the […]
Tag Archives | Rain
I cannot believe I am sitting down to write this column hoping it rains. Last week we had enough rain and storms but my tomatoes need some of the liquid from heaven. I have been very concerned about students bringing weapons to school and using them on other students. Most of the time these incidents […]
National Weather Service THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MEMPHIS HAS ISSUED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR… NORTHEASTERN CHICKASAW COUNTY IN NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI… LEE COUNTY IN NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI… NORTHWESTERN MONROE COUNTY IN NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI… UNTIL 330 PM CDT • AT 253 PM CDT…NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL…AND DAMAGING […]
We moved to Houston four years ago and have attended every Flywheel Festival since – spring and fall. Our first year here we got to pull the lanyard on the Keck-Gonnerman steam tractor and make it whistle. The next year we got to push the button at the Friday morning anvil shoot. Last year we […]
Valentine’s Day 2014 has come and gone around the old Voyles house. Our humble abode was not bombarded with hearts, flowers and candy – again. But I’m not complaining. Really, it’s ok. I’ve got a box full of hearts and handmade valentines my son made for me during his elementary school years that still touch […]
HOULKA – Decklain Haze Rain Paden, infant child of Letosha Joy Monts and Michael Anthony Paden Jr., passed away Monday, Nov. 11, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery. Visitation will be from […]
Halloween is over and that means next stop is Thanksgiving. I noticed several churches in the area are doing some kind of “Days of Thanksgiving” countdown to Nov. 28. Life is hard, but a quick look around shows we truly do have a lot to be thankful for in Chickasaw County. I get so fed […]
VARDAMAN – The Lady Rams battled through their season and into playoffs but came up just short of their goal of a trip to Jackson this year. The Vardaman girls closed out their season in quarterfinals, one game away from making North Half. The Lady Rams went three games in the play-in round, finally passing […]
From Staff and Wire Reports The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is asking residents to prepare for severe weather this afternoon and evening. The National Weather Service is predicting that an approaching cold front will bring the possibility of strong tornadoes, damaging winds, large hail and flash flooding.Weather Service predictions show a moderate risk of tornadoes […]
- Houston duo named Showcase MVPs August 23, 2014
- Houlka falls to East Union August 28, 2014
- Supervisors discuss ambulance service August 28, 2014
- Lady Toppers strong at plate and field August 28, 2014
- INGRAM: Dove season makes my trigger-finger itch August 28, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...