HOUSTON – There was a day and age when catching a ride to Okolona or Houston was as easy as flagging down the line car on the old OHCC Railroad. Parkersburg was one of about a dozen flag stops on the Okolona, Houston, Calhoun City (OHCC) Railroad and service on the line was not stopped […]
Tag Archives | Railroad
PONTOTOC – Less than six months after its official opening, the Tanglefoot Trail is slated to host several athletic events this spring. The 44-mile paved trail that succeeds the historic GM&O Railroad will host the Altis Endurance Marathon and Half-Marathon on March 30. The event will begin and end in Houston, at the trail’s […]
Drivers who travel Highway 41 through Okolona are being asked to find another route Tuesday morning. The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will close Highway 41 at the intersection of Kansas City Southern railroad crossing at 7 a.m. Tuesday to repair the crossing. This is a temporary road closing to allow KCS to improve the […]
David Helms Pontotoc Progress The tentative August 17 opening date for the Tanglefoot Trail has been postponed for at least a few more weeks while the contractor completes last minute work along the 44.5-mile route, which runs from Houston, through Pontotoc, to New Albany. Last week, officials had begun finalizing plans for trail opening ceremonies, […]
In real estate there are three factors that determine the value of a piece of property. Location. Location Location. In the economic development business that attracts industry to a community the three factors are: Infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure. That point was hammered home time and time again at Friday’s State of the Region meeting that saw […]
Rails to Trails concerns Dear Editor, If you are pleased with the Rails to Trails waste of taxpayers’ money, you are one of the few. That money could have been spent on the roads for the benefit of the working people so they could get to work safely and not have to spend all their […]
OKOLONA – The theme of the Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce banquet was on business and industry with recognitions going out to existing companies but the largest business recognized was the one that is not there – yet. Randy Kelley, Executive Director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District, announced the Chickasaw County Rail Site, […]
- Houston Solar Car seeking funds for World Solar Challenge June 22, 2015
- Molly May seeks Miss Mississippi crown June 25, 2015
- Houston ponders budget shortfall June 25, 2015
- CDF hosts fishing rodeo at Legion Lake June 25, 2015
- Hood passes gavel at NAAG convention June 26, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May named to Top 10 June 28, 2015
- TWO TOOTS: 2015 Business Of The Year June 28, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...