By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal COOBER PEDY, Australia – The Sun has not gone down on Sundancer. A mix-up on the part of the World Solar Car Challenge judges initially showed, Sundancer, the Houston Solar Car was out of the race across Australia the middle of this week. “We were never out of the race,” […]
Tag Archives | Racing
Our world and particularly American culture has moved toward mediocrity over the past decades as we simply sit back and enjoy the fruits of the greatest economy in the greatest country on earth. We are glad to recognize the Houston Solar Race Team as a group that has refused to accept average […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – They are what Houston does best, and they could show the world that Mississippi and America are the best solar car racers on the planet next month. The Houston Solar Car was carefully packed in a massive wooden crate and trucked to Federal Express in […]
This is normally the time of year this newspaper is bringing you headlines, stories and photos of the Houston Solar Car coming back from some part of this great country with another National Solar Challenge Trophy. But this year the Houston Solar Car will be traveling to Australia to compete in the World Solar Car […]
That’s how many times the Houston Solar Car has gone to Texas and come home with the Solar Challenge Championship Trophy. They did it again this year with a tried and true strategy that has withstood the test of time since two cavemen decided to race to the next tree – get out in front […]
HILL COUNTRY, Texas — Solar racing is what Houston, Mississippi does best! The Houston Solar Car team held an unofficial 160-mile lead in a race that today will only be 150 miles from Waco to Austin. “I am so proud of this team, this car, our instructors and sponsors,” said Kristen Black, Houston Solar Car […]
Today is Team Check Day with the car and crew required to attend a variety of meetings and race events. Teams will formally register this afternoon and a group meeting of all solar car racers and advisor/instructors will be held tonight in the ballroom of the Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel. Prior to that a meeting of all […]
This newspaper has repeatedly said one of the things Houston does best is Solar Car. The Houston Solar Car team heads to Fort Worth, Texas today and will race the roundtrack at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth for a couple of days before they hit Texas highways for a road race to Austin. And […]
MONROE, La. — The Houston Solar Car team made it safely to the Fort Worth Mariott Hotel, but not before they made a side-trip to Duck Dynasty Headquarters in Monroe, La. Monroe is about half-way between Houston and Fort Worth and the the perfect opportunity for a rest and photo opportunity. The trailer hauling the […]
This newspaper has repeatedly said one of the things Houston does best is Solar Car. The Houston Solar Race team heads to Fort Worth, Texas, tomorrow and will race to Los Angeles, California. And they will proudly represent this community and this state every inch of the way. Did we point out this is their […]
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Chieftains roll over the Panthers November 27, 2015
- MSU’s Jones was destined for the spotlight November 28, 2015
- WEEK 15: High School Football Scores November 28, 2015
- Three Rivers, CDF, LINK honored November 28, 2015
- PLAYOFF PREVIEW: East Webster standing in the way of Bassfield December 1, 2015
- Ducktails, poodle skirts and smiling girls December 1, 2015
- Christmas parades set for area November 30, 2015
- WARZELLE GILLESPIE: Thankful for so many, so much November 29, 2015
- MARTY WISEMAN: Where are we in politics? November 29, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....