By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal MONTPELIER – She retired 15 years ago, took up quilting and has no idea how many quilts she has made, but has more than 40 in her home just across the Chickasaw County line. “I grew up working and even worked for years in dress factory in Pennsylvania,” said Eaton. […]
Tag Archives | quilt
MANTEE – There will be arts and crafts and plenty of black-eyed peas. The Fourth Annual Blacked-Eyed Pea Festival will cook up food, fun and fellowship on Saturday, Oct. 19 in the town off Highway 15, just south of the Chickasaw County line. The festival is being sponsored by the Bank of Mantee who will […]
HOUSTON – It’s simple economics, when customers come to one downtown business to shop, all downtown businesses benefit. Silly Whispers on the Square in Houston saw 17 women from the Scrappers Quilt Guild come to their store Monday to shop and take a quilting course. The group stayed to eat lunch in local restaurants, buy […]
WOODLAND – Evolene Robertson Eaton, 95, died Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at her residence. She was born Sept. 1, 1917, in Woodland to John W. Robertson and Jenny Hill Robertson. She was a member of Amity Baptist Church. She enjoyed piecing quilts and quilting them. She also enjoyed working in her yard, keeping up her […]
- Battle of Egypt marked and remembered March 22, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...