MANTEE – There will be arts and crafts and plenty of black-eyed peas. The Fourth Annual Blacked-Eyed Pea Festival will cook up food, fun and fellowship on Saturday, Oct. 19 in the town off Highway 15, just south of the Chickasaw County line. The festival is being sponsored by the Bank of Mantee who will […]
Tag Archives | quilt
HOUSTON – It’s simple economics, when customers come to one downtown business to shop, all downtown businesses benefit. Silly Whispers on the Square in Houston saw 17 women from the Scrappers Quilt Guild come to their store Monday to shop and take a quilting course. The group stayed to eat lunch in local restaurants, buy […]
WOODLAND – Evolene Robertson Eaton, 95, died Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at her residence. She was born Sept. 1, 1917, in Woodland to John W. Robertson and Jenny Hill Robertson. She was a member of Amity Baptist Church. She enjoyed piecing quilts and quilting them. She also enjoyed working in her yard, keeping up her […]
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Enon Hunt Club to host sheet shoot August 21, 2014
- WHITFIELD: What’s in your backpack? August 24, 2014
- MCCORD: As I see it August 24, 2014
- Stone/Lewis August 24, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- UPDATE: Search continues for Willie C. “Doc” Harries August 25, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...