By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal MONTPELIER – She retired 15 years ago, took up quilting and has no idea how many quilts she has made, but has more than 40 in her home just across the Chickasaw County line. “I grew up working and even worked for years in dress factory in Pennsylvania,” said Eaton. […]
Tag Archives | quilt
MANTEE – There will be arts and crafts and plenty of black-eyed peas. The Fourth Annual Blacked-Eyed Pea Festival will cook up food, fun and fellowship on Saturday, Oct. 19 in the town off Highway 15, just south of the Chickasaw County line. The festival is being sponsored by the Bank of Mantee who will […]
HOUSTON – It’s simple economics, when customers come to one downtown business to shop, all downtown businesses benefit. Silly Whispers on the Square in Houston saw 17 women from the Scrappers Quilt Guild come to their store Monday to shop and take a quilting course. The group stayed to eat lunch in local restaurants, buy […]
WOODLAND – Evolene Robertson Eaton, 95, died Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at her residence. She was born Sept. 1, 1917, in Woodland to John W. Robertson and Jenny Hill Robertson. She was a member of Amity Baptist Church. She enjoyed piecing quilts and quilting them. She also enjoyed working in her yard, keeping up her […]
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car August 20, 2015
- Christine Gates is new Houston School Trustee August 24, 2015
- Houlka ponders water system changes August 24, 2015
- Season of new beginnings August 24, 2015
- Monroe County deputy shot following traffic stop August 24, 2015
- UPDATE: Suspect in custody in MSU gun scare August 27, 2015
- Potential + Effort = Success August 26, 2015
- Reward offered in Monroe County deputy shooting case August 26, 2015
- ICC names 2015 Spring graduates August 26, 2015
- Alabama man indicted in fatal Trace wreck August 25, 2015
- Randy Wanat: Change "Christianity" to "Islam" and suddenly ...
- TRSmith: What happens to students who reside in the distric...
- Beth: The only way to protect ourselves and our benefits...
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...