OKOLONA – They remembered those living veterans and those who have died at cemeteries all across America on Saturday and in Okolona, too. Wreaths Across America saw Okolona begin its ceremony at 11 a.m. sharp to coincide with the noon ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery and more than 100 similar events in all 50 states […]
Tag Archives | quality of life
Everybody is for progress, but no one wants to change. That mindset is just as true in New York City and Washington D.C., as it is in Chickasaw County. Things in this world don’t change unless someone gets out of their comfort zone and goes about the hard work of making a difference in the […]
As part of the continuing “Live in the Park” series sponsored by the Chickasaw Development Foundation, Brenda Whitlock will be in concert in the Master Gardners Park beside Houston City Hall June 5. Whitlock is a native of Okolona and a renowned gospel singer/songwriter whose lastest song “Not Gonna Let Nobody Take My Crown,” was […]
Defining quality of life is difficult, but following planning and zoning ordinances is one way to get there. The complexity of Houston’s ordinances and zoning regulations is not any different from the intricate and involved rules and city laws found in Okolona or Tupelo. Few people know all the details. The best residents can hope […]
I turned the corner Friday morning on the way to work and spotted the Golden Eagle on top of the Courthouse Square. It was just a break in the trees and the sun at the perfect angle to give me a new view of something that I had seen dozens of times. But it was […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation voted to change their mission statement and will now focus more on community building, attracting businesses and improving the quality of life for Chickasaw County. CDF bylaws require the organization to have a mission statement and leaders are charged with following it and using it as a guide in […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race Team has spent the last year hosting fundraising events and soliciting sponsors for their upcoming race and has met their budget goals. The team hosted several events and the Sundancer Steering Committee sent out the call for sponsors and donations and received some extra help from a local business. […]
- Boys beware! February 20, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon starts Wednesday February 24, 2015
- Schools announce Wednesday closings February 25, 2015
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors February 25, 2015
- Region could see inches of snow today February 25, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...