HOUSTON – Grass roots community efforts are hard to sustain, but Project Noel has been a mainstay in Houston during the Christmas season for almost 30 years. Children are “adopted” by clubs, churches, businesses and individuals who help provide clothing and gifts for Christmas and food boxes are dispensed to the elderly and those who […]
Tag Archives | Project Noel
HOUSTON – For almost 30 years, volunteers have spread Christmas cheer in Houston and the surrounding areas and the drive has begun again. Project Noel began as a grass-roots effort to help the less fortunate during the holidays and has continued to serve the community with Christmas cheer. Carol Byrne has worked with Project Noel […]
Applications for Project Noel/Angel Tree are currently available at the Salvation Army Service Center in Houston. Applications are open for children ages 1-12 and those applying must schedule an interview for processing. Applicants should bring: • Photo I.D. • Birth certificate for every member of the home • Proof of all income • Proof of […]
- Liquor defeated, beer apparently approved in Pontotoc September 17, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors September 23, 2014
- Pink Ribbon 5K set for Sept. 27 September 23, 2014
- Cassandra Pulliam appointed Circuit Clerk September 23, 2014
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Zora Cousin September 22, 2014
- Houston gets grant for fire loop September 22, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...