WOODLAND – Jewel Maurine Clark King, 90, died Friday, April 4, 2014, at her home in Woodland. She was born Dec. 15, 1923, in Clay County to Grady W. Clark and Eula Mae Clark. She was a homemaker and a member of Bethel Baptist Church. Services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, April 6, at Houston […]
Tag Archives | Presley
HOULKA – Public Service Co mmissioner Brandon Presley wants to hear your complaints. Presley was in Houlka last week to listen to concerns about telephone service, water quality and natural gas and electricity bills. “We do this to get input from you on what public utilities in this part of Mississippi are doing for […]
Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley will be at the Community Center in Houlka at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8. The meeting is part of a series of to Town Hall Meetings across Northeast Mississippi to discuss issues with utility ratepayers. The public is urged to bring concerns and questions about utility rates and […]
HOUSTON – As the former mayor of Nettleton, Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said he routinely had small business owners come to him seeking grants and assistance. And Presley was in Houston Aug. 21, to tout the state’s energy incentive program for new small businesses that has already helped 1,032 new businesses with over $700,000 […]
HOUSTON/HOULKA – In today’s society, instant communication is prevelant and local school districts are implementing technology that will get their messages out quickly and to the correct audience. The Houston School District is currently setting up a text alert system that will notify parents of activity within the district. The text alert is voluntary and […]
HOUSTON – Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said his job to is to make sure public utilities follow state law and doesn’t understand why some agencies have balked when he asked for their bylaws. Speaking to the Houston Exchange Club last week, Presley said utility companies that are given the right to operate […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- City, CDF discuss Tanglefoot trailhead August 15, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- WEEK ONE: High school football schedules August 21, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Houston runs over Bessemer August 21, 2014
- BROWN: LETTER TO THE EDITOR August 21, 2014
- INGRAM: Paying the price at the pump August 21, 2014
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....