HOUSTON – The National Weather Service was called to survey damage from a Thursday night storm and determined a tornado apparently hit Northeast Chickasaw County. The storm swept through about 10 p.m. Thursday on County Road 135 west of Okolona. There were no National Weather Service alert or warning issued for this storm. “It uprooted a […]
Tag Archives | Power
A matter of priority Dear Editor, On Sunday morning, January 19, 2014, the main transformer for the electrical line between my house and my son’s house blew. We each tried contacting the after-hours telephone number for the Okolona City Electrical Department. We were unable to reach anyone. We then tried the Okolona Police Department […]
HOUSTON – Congressman Alan Nunnelee crawled inside the Houston Solar Car last week and took it for a spin around the parking lot. “Unbelieveable!” was all he could say when he crawled out a few minutes later. “I was at a groundbreaking this morning for a factory in Mantachie that is on the cutting edge […]
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- Manning case back before Miss. Supreme Court September 2, 2014
- Police find body of missing teenager September 2, 2014
- Alleged Craigslist counterfeit scammers from Okolona, West Point arrested September 2, 2014
- Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor September 2, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...