Special to the Chickasaw Journal Wednesday’s near-record snowfall began melting Thursday and Friday as warmer weather helped clear roads and allowed power crews to restore electricity across the region. Tupelo came within an inch of setting the all-time record for snow in a 24-hour period. The National Weather Service estimated Houston received 9-inches. The snow measured 8-inches deep […]
Tag Archives | Power
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal More than 4,000 homes in Chickasaw County were without power at one point yesterday and roughly 2,000 were without electricity Thursday, after a massive winter storm dumped 8-inches of snow on Houston. “Those today are just in our service area and we probably have the same amount without […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Freezing rain was reported in some parts of Northeast Mississippi Monday creating slick roadways, but no major problems had developed. The University of Mississippi delayed opening until 10 a.m. Oxford Schools ran buses and opened two hours later than usual but intend to stay open all day. Lafayette County Schools […]
HOUSTON – The National Weather Service was called to survey damage from a Thursday night storm and determined a tornado apparently hit Northeast Chickasaw County. The storm swept through about 10 p.m. Thursday on County Road 135 west of Okolona. There were no National Weather Service alert or warning issued for this storm. “It uprooted a […]
A matter of priority Dear Editor, On Sunday morning, January 19, 2014, the main transformer for the electrical line between my house and my son’s house blew. We each tried contacting the after-hours telephone number for the Okolona City Electrical Department. We were unable to reach anyone. We then tried the Okolona Police Department […]
HOUSTON – Congressman Alan Nunnelee crawled inside the Houston Solar Car last week and took it for a spin around the parking lot. “Unbelieveable!” was all he could say when he crawled out a few minutes later. “I was at a groundbreaking this morning for a factory in Mantachie that is on the cutting edge […]
- Toppers headed to 4A finals May 15, 2015
- ICC names freshmen band members May 19, 2015
- Pratt, Echoles sign with MDCC May 19, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...