Special to the Chickasaw Journal Wednesday’s near-record snowfall began melting Thursday and Friday as warmer weather helped clear roads and allowed power crews to restore electricity across the region. Tupelo came within an inch of setting the all-time record for snow in a 24-hour period. The National Weather Service estimated Houston received 9-inches. The snow measured 8-inches deep […]
Tag Archives | Power
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal More than 4,000 homes in Chickasaw County were without power at one point yesterday and roughly 2,000 were without electricity Thursday, after a massive winter storm dumped 8-inches of snow on Houston. “Those today are just in our service area and we probably have the same amount without […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Freezing rain was reported in some parts of Northeast Mississippi Monday creating slick roadways, but no major problems had developed. The University of Mississippi delayed opening until 10 a.m. Oxford Schools ran buses and opened two hours later than usual but intend to stay open all day. Lafayette County Schools […]
HOUSTON – The National Weather Service was called to survey damage from a Thursday night storm and determined a tornado apparently hit Northeast Chickasaw County. The storm swept through about 10 p.m. Thursday on County Road 135 west of Okolona. There were no National Weather Service alert or warning issued for this storm. “It uprooted a […]
A matter of priority Dear Editor, On Sunday morning, January 19, 2014, the main transformer for the electrical line between my house and my son’s house blew. We each tried contacting the after-hours telephone number for the Okolona City Electrical Department. We were unable to reach anyone. We then tried the Okolona Police Department […]
HOUSTON – Congressman Alan Nunnelee crawled inside the Houston Solar Car last week and took it for a spin around the parking lot. “Unbelieveable!” was all he could say when he crawled out a few minutes later. “I was at a groundbreaking this morning for a factory in Mantachie that is on the cutting edge […]
- Houston honors baseball stars July 21, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 25, 2015
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 25, 2015
- NMMC to offer pre-admission class for Hispanic mothers July 25, 2015
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Area students earn ICC scholarships July 26, 2015
- All weather walkers July 26, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...