HOUSTON – “We’ve got POW flags, American flags, whatever anyone wants to retire,” said Cara Chisolm of the 10th annual flag retirement ceremony sponsored by the Houston Pilot Club, VFW 7149 and American Legion Post 95 and held June 12 in Joe Brigance Park. The groups saw a need to encourage people to take down […]
Tag Archives | POW
LONGVIEW – Ray C. Dyer, 89, died Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at his residence. He was a member of Longview Baptist Church, where he was an inactive deacon. He served his county during World War II in the Army. He was a prisoner of war for 21 days and was awarded a Purple Heart. After the Army, he […]
CALHOUN CITY – John Quincy Aven, 91, died Tuesday, July 9, 2013, at his home. He was born Feb. 3, 1922, in Big Creek to John Q. Aven Sr. and Alice Litten Aven. He was a retired U.S. Postal mail carrier. He was a retired sergeant and a veteran of World War II in the […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...