HOUSTON – “We’ve got POW flags, American flags, whatever anyone wants to retire,” said Cara Chisolm of the 10th annual flag retirement ceremony sponsored by the Houston Pilot Club, VFW 7149 and American Legion Post 95 and held June 12 in Joe Brigance Park. The groups saw a need to encourage people to take down […]
Tag Archives | POW
LONGVIEW – Ray C. Dyer, 89, died Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at his residence. He was a member of Longview Baptist Church, where he was an inactive deacon. He served his county during World War II in the Army. He was a prisoner of war for 21 days and was awarded a Purple Heart. After the Army, he […]
CALHOUN CITY – John Quincy Aven, 91, died Tuesday, July 9, 2013, at his home. He was born Feb. 3, 1922, in Big Creek to John Q. Aven Sr. and Alice Litten Aven. He was a retired U.S. Postal mail carrier. He was a retired sergeant and a veteran of World War II in the […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Travel pay more about selfishness than finances August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...