By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – They lifted their right hands and many placed them on a Bible held by a spouse or friends and promised to uphold the law of the State of Mississippi and the United State’s Constitution. A process that started about this time last year with 53 candidates qualifying […]
Tag Archives | Posey
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – If there was an easy way to collect unpaid fines owed across Mississippi someone would have figured it out long ago. Chickasaw County Supervisors called in Justice Court judges, constables and sheriff’s deputies recently seeking ways to collect a portion of the $1.8 million in fines owed […]
EDITOR’S NOTE: Precinct by precinct results can be found in this week’s edition of the Chickasaw Journal found at newstands around Chickasaw County. By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – Chuquatonchee Creek divides the county physically and Tuesday night election results show it divides it politically. “Candidates have three weeks until the primary runoff,” […]
Daily Journal A Union County woman has been arrested for allegedly attempting to make money from a tragic situation, announced Attorney General Jim Hood today. Janet Posey, 39, of Blue Springs, was arrested last night at her home in Union County by investigators with the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division with assistance from the Union […]
Okolona police have arrested a man on robbery charges after he allegedly brandished a knife and robbed a convenience store in Okolona just after midnight Thursday. Okolona Assistant Police Chief Dwight Parker said authorities arrested Quentin Horton, 32, of Okolona, on charges of armed robbery and he is currently in the Chickasaw County Jail. Okolona […]
BRUCE – Ivy Jean Posey, 71, died Monday, Feb. 23, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Born Feb. 28, 1942, in Bruce, she was a daughter of Winfred and Wilma Ivy Bailey. She attended school in Bruce, was a member of Carnation Baptist Church and was a seamstress in the area furniture plants. A fun-loving […]
BELMONT – Charles Edward Posey, 83, died Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2013, at Shearer Richardson Memorial Home in Okolona. He was born July 12, 1930, in Arkansas and was a factory worker for 20 years. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving in the Korean War and receiving a Purple Heart. He was a lifetime member of the […]
BELMONT – Charles Edward Posey, 83, died Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2013, at Shearer-Richardson Memorial Home in Okolona. Services will be at noon Saturday, Nov. 9, at Deaton Funeral Home Chapel in Belmont. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery at Dennis. Deaton Funeral Home of Belmont is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will be from 11 […]
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...