HOUSTON — Dorothy Guien “Cricket” Huffman King, 76, died Sunday, June 8, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born June 6, 1938, in the Enon Community to Ralph Elzo Huffman and Elizabeth Sisk Huffman. She was retired from Dixieland Furniture and was a member of Enon Primitive Baptist Church. Services are Tuesday, […]
Tag Archives | Porter
HOUSTON – The May term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court in Houston saw a number of probation revocations and five guilty pleas accepted by the court. Eight persons already under the courts purview for previous convictions saw their probation revoked or extended after being charged with new crimes or failing to report or pass drug […]
HOUSTON – Brecker Johnson, 39, pled guilty to the reduced charge of manslaughter and was sentenced as a habitual offender to 20-years with no opportunity for parole by Chickasaw County Circuit Court Judge Robert Elliott Monday. Johnson had initially been charged with the murder of John L. Wofford, who was stabbed at their Woodland residence […]
HOUSTON – Gretchen Marie Morrison, 86, died Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. She was born June 28, 1927, in Ashland, Wis. to Lyle Tolliver and Marion Albright Tolliver. She was the eldest of 10 children. After graduating from Ashland High School, she moved to Mississippi to live with relatives and […]
Ruble Parker CALHOUN CITY – Ruble Parker, 83, died Friday, May 3, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. He was born Nov. 8, 1929, in Calhoun County. He was a retired from Tension Envelope in Memphis after 35 years. He was a captain in the U.S. Army during the Korean conflict. He was a […]
HOUSTON — Amanda Atkins Porter, 23, died Feb. 24, 2013, at home. Services were at 3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28 at Dowdle Funeral Home Chapel in Millport. Burial followed in Bethlehem Baptist Church Cemetery in Pickens County with Dowdle Funeral Home of Millport directing. She was preceded in death by her father, Ricky Atkins. Survivors […]
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man has been charged with murder and could face arson charges stemming from two incidents just east of the Natchez Trace on Highway 8 Sunday morning. Authorities were initially called to a report of a car on fire near Pumphrey’s Grocery about 5:30 a.m., and their investigation led to a […]
- Anchor Alzheimer Challenge September 24, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football scores September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: Football Roundup September 27, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- EPA conducts water quality study on Chico Creek October 1, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...