HOUSTON — Dorothy Guien “Cricket” Huffman King, 76, died Sunday, June 8, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born June 6, 1938, in the Enon Community to Ralph Elzo Huffman and Elizabeth Sisk Huffman. She was retired from Dixieland Furniture and was a member of Enon Primitive Baptist Church. Services are Tuesday, […]
Tag Archives | Porter
HOUSTON – The May term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court in Houston saw a number of probation revocations and five guilty pleas accepted by the court. Eight persons already under the courts purview for previous convictions saw their probation revoked or extended after being charged with new crimes or failing to report or pass drug […]
HOUSTON – Brecker Johnson, 39, pled guilty to the reduced charge of manslaughter and was sentenced as a habitual offender to 20-years with no opportunity for parole by Chickasaw County Circuit Court Judge Robert Elliott Monday. Johnson had initially been charged with the murder of John L. Wofford, who was stabbed at their Woodland residence […]
HOUSTON – Gretchen Marie Morrison, 86, died Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. She was born June 28, 1927, in Ashland, Wis. to Lyle Tolliver and Marion Albright Tolliver. She was the eldest of 10 children. After graduating from Ashland High School, she moved to Mississippi to live with relatives and […]
Ruble Parker CALHOUN CITY – Ruble Parker, 83, died Friday, May 3, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. He was born Nov. 8, 1929, in Calhoun County. He was a retired from Tension Envelope in Memphis after 35 years. He was a captain in the U.S. Army during the Korean conflict. He was a […]
HOUSTON — Amanda Atkins Porter, 23, died Feb. 24, 2013, at home. Services were at 3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28 at Dowdle Funeral Home Chapel in Millport. Burial followed in Bethlehem Baptist Church Cemetery in Pickens County with Dowdle Funeral Home of Millport directing. She was preceded in death by her father, Ricky Atkins. Survivors […]
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man has been charged with murder and could face arson charges stemming from two incidents just east of the Natchez Trace on Highway 8 Sunday morning. Authorities were initially called to a report of a car on fire near Pumphrey’s Grocery about 5:30 a.m., and their investigation led to a […]
- City seeks infrastructure funding July 21, 2014
- Better Schools petitions available July 24, 2014
- Sales tax holiday starts after midnight July 24, 2014
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in Itawamba drug sting July 25, 2014
- Houston Solar Car team wins 14th Solar Challenge July 25, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Fire Academy July 27, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it July 26, 2014
- Gates signs with Northeast July 26, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...