George Tutor HOULKA – George Ellix Tutor, 73, died Monday, April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born May 19, 1940, in Calhoun County to Bobby Tutor and Audie Kincade Tutor. He was disabled and a member of Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in Vardaman. He was a loving brother and uncle. […]
Tag Archives | Poplar Springs Cemetery
HOULKA – Murleane Todd McGill died suddenly at the Trace Regional Hospital on Saturday, March 29, 2014, and is now at peace in the presence of her Lord. She was born on March 5, 1930, in Union County, Miss. A celebration of her life will be held at New Parkersburg Baptist Church on Tuesday, April […]
OVIEDO, Fla. – Ruby Earlene Clark Johnson, 82, of Oviedo, Florida, passed away Sunday, Jan. 5, 2014. She was born Jan. 7, 1931, in Houlka. A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11, at Poplar Springs Cemetery in Calhoun County. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of local arrangements.
PITTSBORO – Daniel Lee “”Little Dan”” Hardin, 41, died Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Hospital in Calhoun City. He was born May 16, 1972, in Oxford. He was a 1990 graduate of Bruce High School and a member of Poplar Springs Baptist Church. Services will be at 3 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13, […]
MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Quinton Johnson Anglin, 92, formerly of the Loyd community in Calhoun County, died Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at Highlands of Memphis in Memphis, Tenn. He was born March 21, 1921, in Reid. He was a member of Loyd Baptist church and a U.S. ArmyVeteran of World War II. He was retired from […]
- Okolona briefed on Trace Regional changes August 25, 2014
- Color Run fun August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...