George Tutor HOULKA – George Ellix Tutor, 73, died Monday, April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born May 19, 1940, in Calhoun County to Bobby Tutor and Audie Kincade Tutor. He was disabled and a member of Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in Vardaman. He was a loving brother and uncle. […]
Tag Archives | Poplar Springs Cemetery
HOULKA – Murleane Todd McGill died suddenly at the Trace Regional Hospital on Saturday, March 29, 2014, and is now at peace in the presence of her Lord. She was born on March 5, 1930, in Union County, Miss. A celebration of her life will be held at New Parkersburg Baptist Church on Tuesday, April […]
OVIEDO, Fla. – Ruby Earlene Clark Johnson, 82, of Oviedo, Florida, passed away Sunday, Jan. 5, 2014. She was born Jan. 7, 1931, in Houlka. A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11, at Poplar Springs Cemetery in Calhoun County. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of local arrangements.
PITTSBORO – Daniel Lee “”Little Dan”” Hardin, 41, died Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Hospital in Calhoun City. He was born May 16, 1972, in Oxford. He was a 1990 graduate of Bruce High School and a member of Poplar Springs Baptist Church. Services will be at 3 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13, […]
MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Quinton Johnson Anglin, 92, formerly of the Loyd community in Calhoun County, died Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at Highlands of Memphis in Memphis, Tenn. He was born March 21, 1921, in Reid. He was a member of Loyd Baptist church and a U.S. ArmyVeteran of World War II. He was retired from […]
- School ratings a shame November 16, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- WEEK 14: High school football playoff scores November 22, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...