George Tutor HOULKA – George Ellix Tutor, 73, died Monday, April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born May 19, 1940, in Calhoun County to Bobby Tutor and Audie Kincade Tutor. He was disabled and a member of Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in Vardaman. He was a loving brother and uncle. […]
Tag Archives | Poplar Springs Cemetery
HOULKA – Murleane Todd McGill died suddenly at the Trace Regional Hospital on Saturday, March 29, 2014, and is now at peace in the presence of her Lord. She was born on March 5, 1930, in Union County, Miss. A celebration of her life will be held at New Parkersburg Baptist Church on Tuesday, April […]
OVIEDO, Fla. – Ruby Earlene Clark Johnson, 82, of Oviedo, Florida, passed away Sunday, Jan. 5, 2014. She was born Jan. 7, 1931, in Houlka. A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11, at Poplar Springs Cemetery in Calhoun County. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of local arrangements.
PITTSBORO – Daniel Lee “”Little Dan”” Hardin, 41, died Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Hospital in Calhoun City. He was born May 16, 1972, in Oxford. He was a 1990 graduate of Bruce High School and a member of Poplar Springs Baptist Church. Services will be at 3 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13, […]
MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Quinton Johnson Anglin, 92, formerly of the Loyd community in Calhoun County, died Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at Highlands of Memphis in Memphis, Tenn. He was born March 21, 1921, in Reid. He was a member of Loyd Baptist church and a U.S. ArmyVeteran of World War II. He was retired from […]
- Lady Hilltoppers stopped by Amory October 23, 2014
- Cooper gets tough with cancer October 27, 2014
- Thank you friends of education October 27, 2014
- Art in the Park October 27, 2014
- McClain earns Sonic’s Hall of Fame award October 28, 2014
- Houston eyes playoffs October 30, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Houston isn’t a bad place to live October 30, 2014
- Trustees, Senator, judges on ballot October 30, 2014
- MOLLY MAY NAMED ICC HOMECOMING QUEEN October 29, 2014
- Number 1 October 29, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...