HOUSTON – The case of an Okolona police officer stopped by the Mississippi Highway Patrol in December will probably be heard in Chickasaw County Justice Court in the next few weeks. Chickasaw County Justice Court Judge Garry Turner and Chickasaw County Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth met last week to iron out details of appointing […]
Tag Archives | police
HOULKA – The Houlka police department is sporting new wheels thanks in part to a new patrol car acquired by the force. Police Chief Ray Laney and Mayor Jimmy Kelly took receipt of two new patrol trucks in February as part of a planned and budgeted purchase to upgrade PD equipment. The newest car was […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – Members of the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department, Okolona Police Department, Houston Police Department and North Mississippi Narcotics Unit are continuing to crack down on drug use and sales in the county and made several arrests during the month of February. Several local citizens were arrested as well […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Justice Court Judge Garry Turner accepted four not guilty pleas from Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson Thursday and will now set a court date. Robertson, who did not appear in Justice Court, was represented by her attorney Ed Lancaster who entered the not guilty pleas to DUI, speeding, failure to […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen listened as members of the community stepped to the microphone last week and voiced their concerns with the Okolona Police Department and Okolona Electric Department. Three residents approached the Okolona Board of Aldermen citing their concerns with electric bills and customer service by the city. A resident also voiced her concern after […]
OKOLONA – Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth ruled there is enough evidence to bring formal charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson following a hearing late Monday afternoon. Howorth heard more than three hours or testimony and viewed video of the Mississippi Highway Patrol’s traffic stop of Robertson on Dec. 7 on Highway […]
HOUSTON – An Okolona police officer has been detained by the Mississippi Highway Patrol prompting a probable cause hearing on Feb. 4 to decide if formal charges are merited. Cpl. Criss Turnipseed, spokesman for the Mississippi Highway Patrol said Okolona Police Department investigator Romona Robertson was detained by Trooper James Burrow on Friday, Dec. 7. […]
HOUSTON – The Salvation Kettle campaign relies on volunteers to ring the bells for donations during the holiday season and got a boost this year from two local entities. Chickasaw County fire services and law enforcement challenged each other to see who could raise the most money to help the less fortunate during Christmas and […]
- County picks MedStat ambulances September 25, 2014
- NMMC offers pastoral education program September 28, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- LIFE strategies September 29, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- Toppers fight to the end October 2, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Fourth quarter October 2, 2014
- Smithville bats Lady Cats, 15-0 October 2, 2014
- Flywheel Festival was fall fun October 2, 2014
- Absentee voting October 2, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...