Class 1A Hamilton (8-3) at Mound Bayou JFK (8-3) THE BUZZ: Mound Bayou ended Hamilton’s season in this round last year, a 40-10 win at Mound Bayou in Class 2A. … Mound Bayou RB Carnez Gant has rushed for 1,095 yards and 11 TDs. … Hamilton RB Pallas Fair had a tough 29 yards on […]
Tag Archives | Playoffs
Scores from Saturday, May 19 Local stories and photos of select MHSAA playoffs will be published in the Wednesday, May 22, 2013 Chickasaw Journal. Baseball MHSAA North Championships Class 1A TCPS 10, Greenville St. Joe 0 (Series tied 1-1) Class 3A Kossuth 6, Independence 3 (Series tied 1-1) Class 6A Southaven 3, DeSoto Central 0 […]
by Gene Phelps NEMS Daily Journal EDITOR’S NOTE: Keep checking back with chickasawjournal.com for today’s game updates. RIDGELAND – Newton County coach Justin Chaney calls it “fastbreak softball.”His Lady Cougars registered a few layups with their up-tempo attack Friday afternoon and sprinted to a 16-3, five-inning victory against defending state champion Houston in the MHSAA […]
by Gene Phelps NEMS Daily Journal RIDGELAND – When Hayleigh Harper is confident, Enterprise-Clarke’s opponents should beware. Harper, the Lady Bulldogs’ right-handed starting pitcher, recorded seven strikeouts and held East Webster scoreless for six innings Friday in Enterprise-Clarke’s 6-3 victory in Game 1 of the MHSAA Class 2A fast-pitch state championship series. Game 2 is […]
by Gene Phelps NEMS Daily Journal Class 1A Game 1 – 6 p.m., Friday Game 2 – 10 a.m., Saturday Game 3 – TBA Saturday West Union (25-6) Leaders Bailey Bogue .469 avg, 29 RBI Julianna Garner .460 avg, Brittany Taylor 18-3 record, 0.85 ERA Nanih Waiya (23-7) Leaders Brantlie Sheets 11-4 record, 3.39 ERA […]
HOUSTON – The Lady Toppers started looking toward a repeat trip to Jackson ever since they left as champions in May 2012. And now, they’ll get their chance. The Lady Toppers took three games to finish their best-of-three series with Corinth for North Half, but they got the two wins they needed to secure their […]
VARDAMAN – The Lady Rams battled through their season and into playoffs but came up just short of their goal of a trip to Jackson this year. The Vardaman girls closed out their season in quarterfinals, one game away from making North Half. The Lady Rams went three games in the play-in round, finally passing […]
Scores from Tuesday, May 7: Baseball (MHSAA Playoffs) Class 1A Tupelo Christian 19, Ingomar 7 TCPS wins series 2-1 Softball (MHSAA Playoffs) Class 1A Vardaman 14, West Union 2 West Union 13, Vardaman 2 West Union wins series 2-1.
by Melissa Meador Monroe Journal AMORY – The way the first two games went, anything less than a dramatic finish would have been unexpected between Amory and Houston in their 4A baseball playoff series. Game 3 didn’t disappoint. Houston held off a seventh-inning comeback from the Panthers to win 2-1. They move on to face […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – The deciding game of this series better have something good in store. Because Saturday’s game offered plenty. Houston beat Amory 3-2 in nine innings to force a third and deciding game in the Class 4A first round baseball series. Game 3 is scheduled for Monday at 6 […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal It is technically the first round of the 2013 MHSAA state baseball playoffs, but Amory and Houston probably feel like they’re prepping for a North finals series. The two 4A contenders will play a best-of-three series beginning tonight in Amory to determine who goes on and who goes […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- MDWFP BRIEFS: Weapon changes for deer hunters September 20, 2014
- Shempert/Norwood September 21, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...