By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Men are drawn to beauty and women know we are beasts and love us anyway. The Houston Community Theater will present Beauty & The Beast at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Houston High School Auditorium with eight scene changes, lots of music and a host of […]
Tag Archives | Play
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal Houston Community Theatre needs a beauty and a beast – and folks to run the lights and design the props, too. Auditions for the 2016 performance of Disney’s Beauty & The Beast will be held at 3:15 p.m. Monday, Dec. 14 at the Houston High School Auditorium as […]
HOUSTON – It is a play that showed the world who Southern folk really are and helped define Southern Culture for decades and it is guaranteed to make you laugh at yourself and the world in general. The Houston Community Theatre presents Li’l Abner in a Sunday matinee at Houston High School with people you […]
Rehearsals are beginning for “Getting Sarah Married,” a comedy by Sam Brobrick, which will be presented at Itawamba Community College, Nov. 18-21. The cast, which was selected last week, includes Mary Chandler Izard of Fulton (Sarah Hastings), Noah Sipes of Ecru (Brandon), Danicqua Stephens of Vardaman (Aunt Martha), Jordan Wade of Caledonia (Heather) and Austin […]
Two big community events took place this weekend in Chickasaw County. Okolona hosted the Battle of Okolona on the 150th Anniversary of this historic Civil War engagement. The Houston Community Theatre hosted “Hello, Dolly,” the ninth production for this local acting troupe. Both events drew people to their respective communities and both events showed we […]
HOULKA – A community effort by the school, city, county and Wildcat boosters will soon bring a football field to Houlka. The community and government entities gathered at noon Monday in a field just north of the baseball field at Community Center Park to dedicate the ground for a new football field. Former Houlka football […]
Houston is alive with The Sound of Music. The Houston Community Theater will perform the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical The Sound of Music at the Houston High School Auditorium at 7 p.m. March 23. “It has a smaller cast and the talent is vast,” said HCT Director Janet Coker. “There is good chemistry between the […]
The Houston Community Theatre’s production of “The Sound of Music” will be held Saturday, March 23 in the Houston High School Auditorium. The Rodgers and Hammerstein musical production tells the story of a young nun and her relationship with a widowed father of seven in Austria during World War II. It features well known musical […]
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...