WEST POINT – The $300 million Yokohama Tire Manufacturing Mississippi plant in West Point in nearing completion, officials said Wednesday. The plant also hired 170 workers, and expects to have about 300 of its planned 500 workers employed by the end of the year. According to a press release, the roughly 1 million-square-foot factory “is […]
Tag Archives | plant
A quick look around will tell anyone this is the season to plant. We’ve had our cold weather and yes, the rain has slowed most farmers down, but the Sun shines a little longer and stronger and the green is beginning to show. Even city folk can look around and see it is Spring and […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – It is supposed to rain in Mississippi in the springtime and wet fields are not yet a concern for farmers looking to get seed in the ground this season. Good crops last fall has prompted most commodities prices to drop this year, but as all farmers know, that will change before harvest. […]
I’ve always been told it takes 60 days from the time you plant a tomato to the time you can start harvesting fruit. If you do the math that means those of you that planted the end of April should be serving bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches this week. Yes, I know some of you […]
- MDWFP museum summer camp registration now open March 25, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...