By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department has executed two search warrants and arrested four people on drug charges following information provided by the public. Robert Wall, 38, of Okolona, was arrested and charged with possession of methamphetamine on Tuesday, Jan. 19 after a search of his residence turned up […]
Tag Archives | pistol
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – A woman is dead and her nephew is in custody and facing murder charges following a family dispute that ended in a shooting an standoff with authorities Monday afternoon. The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department responded to a 911 call on Highway 41 north of Okolona at 5:04 p.m. […]
HOUSTON – A woman who allegedly shot at her boyfriend and then barricaded herself in her home on Pittsboro Street was arrested after law enforcement kicked down her door and rushed the house. Teresa Duncan Murphy, of 513 Pittsboro Street, was arrested on charges of attempted murder and carried to the Chickasaw County Jail about […]
HOUSTON – The men and women who fought in the Civil War in Chickasaw County are long gone, but their photographs, letters and history live on at the Chickasaw County Museum. The Museum unveiled its new Civil War display last week and is urging the community to come by and see if they know some […]
HOUSTON – Attorney General Jim Hood has filed a petition requesting the Supreme Court of Mississippi to do away with a restraining order issued by the Hinds County Circuit Court regulating the carrying of weapons. The restraining order was filed late Friday and basically froze the enactment of the State’s new open carry law, known […]
HOUSTON – Shooting sports continue to hit the mark for kids participating in Chickasaw County 4-H with 27 kids traveling to the Mississippi North District shooting at Whitetail Ridge Lodge in Lee County. “We are very pleased with the way the Chickasaw County 4-H program has grown in the last four years,” said Angie […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...