TUPELO – Maxine Linn Murphree, 89, a Houston native, passed away early Sunday morning, Nov. 3, 2013, at AvonLea Assisted Living & Retirement Community in Tupelo. Maxine was born March 6, 1924, the oldest daughter of Emma Boyce and W.J. “”Willie Jim”” Linn and the granddaughter of Nannie Virginia Westbrook and Finus Harris Linn. Maxine […]
Tag Archives | Pink Lady
PONTOTOC – Modera Anne Wheeler Horne, 80, died Friday, Oct. 18, 2013 at Sunshine Health Center in Pontotoc. She was born March 3, 1933, to Cleve and Madie Harbin Wheeler, in Woodland. She worked in a glove factory and in later years volunteered as a Pink Lady at Trace Regional Hospital, earning a “2000 Hours […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor September 2, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...