HOUSTON – Chickasaw Development Foundation sponsored an art contest at Houston Lower Elementary School with a special twist for winners in each grade division. The top three artists in each grade had their picture feature in a display at the Civic Center during the recent Flywheel Festival. The students created their artwork through the month […]
Tag Archives | Pickens
OKOLONA – City employees, including aldermen and the mayor, will now seek approval from the Okolona Board of Aldermen before they will be re-imbursed for travel related to city business. Aldermen voted to specify why city employees are going to seminars, annual meetings and training anywhere outside the city limits. The motion was made […]
TUPELO – Darrell Pickens, 40, Tupelo died Dec 9, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center. Darrell was born, along with his twin brother, on May 5, 1973, in Okolona to Mary Jane Pickens and the late Climel Pickens He was a member of New Hope United Methodist Church. He attended Houlka Attendance Center, class of […]
TUPELO – Darrell Pickens, 40, died Monday at the North Mississippi Medical Center. Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona is handling arrangements.
RANDOLPH – Howard Bailey Ferguson, 71, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He drove an 18-wheeler all his life. An avid coon hunter, he loved horses and spending time with his family and friends. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home […]
OKOLONA – Town Marshal Willie C. Moore, Jr. will be paid what the former police chief was paid following the threat of a lawsuit and a vote last week. Moore told the board he had hired a lawyer and was prepared to take the city to court if they didn’t pay him at the same […]
RANDOLPH – Frances Hodge, 87, died Sunday, March 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a devoted Christian wife, mother and friend to anyone she met. She and her husband, George, were married for 70 years before his death 48 days before hers. She was a farmer’s wife and helpmate for […]
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Snow! And lots of it March 5, 2015
- On to Jackson March 5, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The snowstorm of 2015 March 5, 2015
- Fifty-three throw hat in the ring March 5, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? March 5, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...