By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA — Okolona’s mayor and city council has unanimously voted to accept the donation of several pieces of blighted property from their owners, and put a number of other landowners on 30-day notice to clean up their land. The action is part of a move by the […]
Tag Archives | Pickens
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal INGOMAR – Houlka was on the ropes Tuesday, down 13 points to Ingomar late in the third quarter. That’s when the Wildcats turned up the defense and sophomore forward Madarius Hobson turned on the offense. Hobson scored 18 points of his game-high 40 points down the stretch to lead Houlka […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw Development Foundation sponsored an art contest at Houston Lower Elementary School with a special twist for winners in each grade division. The top three artists in each grade had their picture feature in a display at the Civic Center during the recent Flywheel Festival. The students created their artwork through the month […]
OKOLONA – City employees, including aldermen and the mayor, will now seek approval from the Okolona Board of Aldermen before they will be re-imbursed for travel related to city business. Aldermen voted to specify why city employees are going to seminars, annual meetings and training anywhere outside the city limits. The motion was made […]
TUPELO – Darrell Pickens, 40, Tupelo died Dec 9, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center. Darrell was born, along with his twin brother, on May 5, 1973, in Okolona to Mary Jane Pickens and the late Climel Pickens He was a member of New Hope United Methodist Church. He attended Houlka Attendance Center, class of […]
TUPELO – Darrell Pickens, 40, died Monday at the North Mississippi Medical Center. Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona is handling arrangements.
RANDOLPH – Howard Bailey Ferguson, 71, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He drove an 18-wheeler all his life. An avid coon hunter, he loved horses and spending time with his family and friends. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home […]
OKOLONA – Town Marshal Willie C. Moore, Jr. will be paid what the former police chief was paid following the threat of a lawsuit and a vote last week. Moore told the board he had hired a lawyer and was prepared to take the city to court if they didn’t pay him at the same […]
RANDOLPH – Frances Hodge, 87, died Sunday, March 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a devoted Christian wife, mother and friend to anyone she met. She and her husband, George, were married for 70 years before his death 48 days before hers. She was a farmer’s wife and helpmate for […]
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- Moore signs with Miss. Delta CC May 30, 2016
- Houlka presents summer programs May 30, 2016
- CARA CHISOLM: There is a reason for Memorial Day May 29, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...