By Lisa Voyles and Lisa Bryant Chickasaw Journal PHEBA – “God has a plan for us all,” said Chloe Tapley as she addressed her classmates at Hebron Christian School one last time. Tapley served as Valedictorian for the Class of 2013 during graduation ceremonies held May 10 at the school in Pheba. she reminded […]
Tag Archives | Pheba
PHEBA – John Michael “Foots” Vance, 66, passed away on Friday, March 15, 2013, at his home in Pheba. He was born Dec. 30, 1946, in Houston to Anna Lloyd Fant Morgan and Lt. Col. John Gurney Vance. He began working for GM&O Railroad in 1971. He was a conductor with Kansas City Southern for […]
PHEBA – Ella Mae Washington, 84, died Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at OCH Regional Hospital in Starkville. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Baptist Pheba Church. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services of West Point is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 […]
PHEBA – Anne Franklin Washington, 77, passed away on Thursday, March 7, 2013, at OCH Regional Medical Center, in Starkville. She was born Aug. 12, 1935, in Cedar Bluff to Sarah Louise Anthony and John Luther Franklin. She was a retired educator, teaching second grade at West Side and South Side for 32 years. She […]
HOULKA – William Paul Alexander, 66, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013. He was born Oct. 3, 1946, in Chickasaw County to Mark and Silvia Alexander. He married Mary Frances Sims on Nov. 22, 1997. He was a retired employee of Action in Pontotoc and a member of Schooner Valley Baptist Church. He was a loving […]
WEST POINT – Evelyn Prescott Brewer, 74, passed away Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. Services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at Hebron Baptist Church. Burial will follow in Hebron Cemetery near Pheba. Visitation will be from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Sunday at the church.
Will Miller checks a snare he set in hopes of trapping a wild hog in Western Clay County. The wild hog population in Clay County has grown exponentially within the past decade. Wild hogs, sometimes referred to as feral pigs, are swine that were once domesticated and were released or escaped into the wild. (AP […]
MABEN – Sharron Ann Hall, 60, died Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013, at her home. Services will be at 1 p.m. Fridayday at Johnson Creek M.B. Church in Pheba. Burial will follow in Antioch Cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services of West Point is in charge of the arrangements.
STEWART – Page McMullen Huffman, 24, passed away Monday, Feb. 4, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. Services will be at 1 p.m. today at Tomnolen Baptist Church. Burial will follow in Pheba Cemetery at Pheba. Wise Funeral Home of Eupora is in charge of the arrangements. A complete obituary will be published […]
PHEBA – Sue White Stafford, 78, passed away on Friday, Jan. 4, 2013, at The Carrington Nursing Center in Starkville. She was born Aug. 28, 1934, in Chickasaw County to Nancy Bell Huffman and James Rupert Boyce. She worked in the Clay County Schools Cafeteria for 20 years and was a member of Pheba […]
- Houston centralizes purchasing December 11, 2014
- BIRTHDAY: Mary Ruth Johnson December 14, 2014
- Pulling it all together December 15, 2014
- Correctional Facility goes into lockdown December 15, 2014
- MHSAA announces new alignment December 15, 2014
- Reaching out to offenders December 17, 2014
- Houston superintendent’s contract not renewed December 17, 2014
- Topper Old Timer December 16, 2014
- United Furniture to expand in former Lane building December 16, 2014
- Take a bite out of Christmas crime December 16, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...