By Lisa Voyles and Lisa Bryant Chickasaw Journal PHEBA – “God has a plan for us all,” said Chloe Tapley as she addressed her classmates at Hebron Christian School one last time. Tapley served as Valedictorian for the Class of 2013 during graduation ceremonies held May 10 at the school in Pheba. she reminded […]
Tag Archives | Pheba
PHEBA – John Michael “Foots” Vance, 66, passed away on Friday, March 15, 2013, at his home in Pheba. He was born Dec. 30, 1946, in Houston to Anna Lloyd Fant Morgan and Lt. Col. John Gurney Vance. He began working for GM&O Railroad in 1971. He was a conductor with Kansas City Southern for […]
PHEBA – Ella Mae Washington, 84, died Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at OCH Regional Hospital in Starkville. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Baptist Pheba Church. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services of West Point is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 […]
PHEBA – Anne Franklin Washington, 77, passed away on Thursday, March 7, 2013, at OCH Regional Medical Center, in Starkville. She was born Aug. 12, 1935, in Cedar Bluff to Sarah Louise Anthony and John Luther Franklin. She was a retired educator, teaching second grade at West Side and South Side for 32 years. She […]
HOULKA – William Paul Alexander, 66, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013. He was born Oct. 3, 1946, in Chickasaw County to Mark and Silvia Alexander. He married Mary Frances Sims on Nov. 22, 1997. He was a retired employee of Action in Pontotoc and a member of Schooner Valley Baptist Church. He was a loving […]
WEST POINT – Evelyn Prescott Brewer, 74, passed away Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. Services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at Hebron Baptist Church. Burial will follow in Hebron Cemetery near Pheba. Visitation will be from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Sunday at the church.
Will Miller checks a snare he set in hopes of trapping a wild hog in Western Clay County. The wild hog population in Clay County has grown exponentially within the past decade. Wild hogs, sometimes referred to as feral pigs, are swine that were once domesticated and were released or escaped into the wild. (AP […]
MABEN – Sharron Ann Hall, 60, died Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013, at her home. Services will be at 1 p.m. Fridayday at Johnson Creek M.B. Church in Pheba. Burial will follow in Antioch Cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services of West Point is in charge of the arrangements.
STEWART – Page McMullen Huffman, 24, passed away Monday, Feb. 4, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. Services will be at 1 p.m. today at Tomnolen Baptist Church. Burial will follow in Pheba Cemetery at Pheba. Wise Funeral Home of Eupora is in charge of the arrangements. A complete obituary will be published […]
PHEBA – Sue White Stafford, 78, passed away on Friday, Jan. 4, 2013, at The Carrington Nursing Center in Starkville. She was born Aug. 28, 1934, in Chickasaw County to Nancy Bell Huffman and James Rupert Boyce. She worked in the Clay County Schools Cafeteria for 20 years and was a member of Pheba […]
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Runoff races for Sheriff, Chancery and two Supervisors August 4, 2015
- Bowens, Gladney lift in Las Vegas August 4, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...