The Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce will sponsor the fifth annual golf tournament April 26 a the Okolona Country Club. The four-person scramble will begin at 8 a.m. with a shotgun start. Pre-registration is $40 and on-site registration is $50. Cart rental available for $15 while they last. To register, contact Perry Grubbs at 447-5913.
Tag Archives | Perry Grubbs
OKOLONA – The volunteers, churches and civic organizations that work every day to make Okolona a better place for all were honored at the Okolona Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet. The 80th annual banquet saw the National Guard Armory packed March 27 and attendees enjoyed a meal, entertainment and an evening of celebration. Keynote speaker […]
Two big community events took place this weekend in Chickasaw County. Okolona hosted the Battle of Okolona on the 150th Anniversary of this historic Civil War engagement. The Houston Community Theatre hosted “Hello, Dolly,” the ninth production for this local acting troupe. Both events drew people to their respective communities and both events showed we […]
OKOLONA – The Civil War sweeps through Chickasaw County next week as re-enactors gather at Prairie Mound to dig into history and maybe dig up a little treasure. Event organizers have been making plans for this re-enactment for more than a year and have gotten the community and the site ready for what they hope […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Nobody knows the needs of Chickasaw County better than the people who live in Chickasaw County United Way provided $116,302 of assistance to 32 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and those agencies have requested roughly $159,850 this year. And the people who will make those two different numbers meet […]
Grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremonies were held Saturday, Jan. 4, for Okolona’s newest business, Lillie’s Quick Stop, located on Church Street north of the Okolona Vocational Complex. The business, owned by Kelvin Stanfield, is open Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday from 5 a.m. to midnight and Sunday from […]
OKOLONA – They have a plan and they voted last week to work that plan to bring more businesses and industry to town. The Okolona Chamber of Commerce held its annual business meeting Dec. 3, with chamber executives giving a quick look at the past 12 months and outlining plans for the new year. “We […]
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...