HOUSTON – 134 pianists of different ages and skill levels joined together at Harrisburg Baptist Church in Tupelo to share their faith through music during the annual keyboard festival sponsored by the Mississippi Baptist Convention. The Area II festival was one of 11 statewide festivals held this year in various locations from Corinth to Pascagoula […]
Tag Archives | Pearson
Daily Journal What remains of bankrupt Furniture Brands International will be overseen by a former officer of the company. Last week, Furniture Brands completed the sale of most of its assets to KPS Capital Partners for $280 million. In the sale on Nov. 25, KPS got Lane, Broyhill, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage, Maitland-Smith, Henredon, Hickory Chair, […]
Four local girls got up close and personal with the Ole Miss cheerleaders and Rebelettes. From left, Cara Pearson, Emme Ausbern, Ella Cate Alford and Kennedy Pearson, attended a junior Rebel cheer camp Oct. 13 along with about 250 other young girls ages 5-17. The girls learned cheers and a dance and returned to campus […]
BRUCE – Apostle Ishmel Campbell, 73, died Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He retired from Weyerhauser as a line supervisor after 25 years. He began pastoring in 1981 and in 1987 founded Church of God Our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ where he remained pastor until his death. He […]
HOULKA – Willie A. “Wood Rat” Pearson, 86, passed away Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. A native of Chickasaw County, he was the son of Andrew Lee Pearson and Minnie Rose Pearson. He was a member of Macedonia M.B. Church in Houlka where he was a deacon, Sunday School […]
HOULKA – Willie A. “Wood Rat” Pearson, 86, died Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home in Pontotoc.
VARDAMAN – Six years ago, Candy Huffman of Vardaman couldn’t have imagined herself running a 5K. “I ran to the refrigerator and ran to the couch and ran from the dog,” Huffman joked. But now, she’s not only walked in five 5K events, she’s training to run in her next one and even hopes to […]
GOLDEN – Willa Faye Pearson, 79, died Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013, at Clay County Medical Center in West Point. She was born in Itawamba County on May 18, 1934, to Willie and Pearlie Hamm, and she was a homemaker. Services were 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 7, at Deaton Funeral Home Chapel in Belmont with Bro. […]
EUPORA – Bonnie Smith Pearson, 77, died Friday, Sept. 20, 2013, at the Golden Living Center in Eupora. Services will be 11 a.m. Monday, Sept. 23, at Oliver Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will be in West Shady Grove Cemetery in Webster County. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. […]
HOUSTON – The summer construction season has several businesses in and around the Square in Houston in the process of renovation or repair. The biggest job is the renovation of the future home of Watkins, Ward & Stafford CPA on the west side of the Square, with work on water lines by the city […]
- Okolona briefed on Trace Regional changes August 25, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...