Heath and Chasity Dobbs Pearson, of Houston, are pleased to announce the birth of Carter Heath Pearson. Carter Heath was born Sept. 4, 2014 at North Mississippi Medical Center Women’s Hospital and tipped the scales at 7-pounds, 10-ounces and was 19-3/4 inches long. Maternal grandparents are Doug Dobbs, Brenda Golding and Terri Dobbs of Houston. […]
Tag Archives | Pearson
JACKSON – The Tennis Foundation of Mississippi has announce that Marvin “Marty” Pearson of Oxford is the 2014 inductee into the Mississippi Tennis Hall of Fame. Marty has long been associated with tennis in the state and through his play, support, and instruction has left an unmistakable imprint on Mississippi tennis. Marty’s tennis career began in Houston, […]
HOUSTON – 134 pianists of different ages and skill levels joined together at Harrisburg Baptist Church in Tupelo to share their faith through music during the annual keyboard festival sponsored by the Mississippi Baptist Convention. The Area II festival was one of 11 statewide festivals held this year in various locations from Corinth to Pascagoula […]
Daily Journal What remains of bankrupt Furniture Brands International will be overseen by a former officer of the company. Last week, Furniture Brands completed the sale of most of its assets to KPS Capital Partners for $280 million. In the sale on Nov. 25, KPS got Lane, Broyhill, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage, Maitland-Smith, Henredon, Hickory Chair, […]
Four local girls got up close and personal with the Ole Miss cheerleaders and Rebelettes. From left, Cara Pearson, Emme Ausbern, Ella Cate Alford and Kennedy Pearson, attended a junior Rebel cheer camp Oct. 13 along with about 250 other young girls ages 5-17. The girls learned cheers and a dance and returned to campus […]
BRUCE – Apostle Ishmel Campbell, 73, died Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He retired from Weyerhauser as a line supervisor after 25 years. He began pastoring in 1981 and in 1987 founded Church of God Our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ where he remained pastor until his death. He […]
HOULKA – Willie A. “Wood Rat” Pearson, 86, passed away Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. A native of Chickasaw County, he was the son of Andrew Lee Pearson and Minnie Rose Pearson. He was a member of Macedonia M.B. Church in Houlka where he was a deacon, Sunday School […]
HOULKA – Willie A. “Wood Rat” Pearson, 86, died Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home in Pontotoc.
VARDAMAN – Six years ago, Candy Huffman of Vardaman couldn’t have imagined herself running a 5K. “I ran to the refrigerator and ran to the couch and ran from the dog,” Huffman joked. But now, she’s not only walked in five 5K events, she’s training to run in her next one and even hopes to […]
GOLDEN – Willa Faye Pearson, 79, died Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013, at Clay County Medical Center in West Point. She was born in Itawamba County on May 18, 1934, to Willie and Pearlie Hamm, and she was a homemaker. Services were 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 7, at Deaton Funeral Home Chapel in Belmont with Bro. […]
EUPORA – Bonnie Smith Pearson, 77, died Friday, Sept. 20, 2013, at the Golden Living Center in Eupora. Services will be 11 a.m. Monday, Sept. 23, at Oliver Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will be in West Shady Grove Cemetery in Webster County. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. […]
HOUSTON – The summer construction season has several businesses in and around the Square in Houston in the process of renovation or repair. The biggest job is the renovation of the future home of Watkins, Ward & Stafford CPA on the west side of the Square, with work on water lines by the city […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Irreconcilable, irrational Differences May 23, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Summer is a time to grow May 23, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...