This is the final week of county elections and we hope people have already studied the candidates, made their decision and can wisely and confidently walk into the voting booth and make the right choice. Chickasaw County will be a very different place under the leadership of these newly elected officials in just four short […]
Tag Archives | pay
JACKSON – Mississippi teachers will get a $2,500 raise over the next two years under legislation signed into law Tuesday by Gov. Phil Bryant. New teachers will get even larger raises under the proposal. The average pay for a starting teacher will increase from the current level of $30,900 to $33,390 on July 1, and […]
JACKSON – Mississippi’s roughly 30,000 classroom teachers will have a better idea Tuesday about whether they will get a pay raise during the upcoming school year. The Senate Education and Appropriations committees must pass a pay raise proposal by Tuesday for the issue to remain alive during the 2014 session. It is beginning to look […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen want kids who commit crimes in Houston to be locked up in juvenile detention and then given ankle bracelets – and they are willing to pay to see it done. The Houston Board of Mayor and Alderman met with Chickasaw County Youth Court Judge Richard Bennett Tuesday night and told the […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Thousands of dollars in unpaid fines can be found on the Chickasaw County Justice Court docket and they need to be paid. Justice Court judges have pulled 100 convictions with past due fines and will be issuing warrants this week for the arrest of the individual and demanding payment of past due […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – Paychecks for aldermen in Chickasaw County’s four municipalities vary based on population and tax base. Okolona pays its mayor and city marshal the best, but aldermen are paid less than cities of similar size. Okolona’s mayor is paid $32,000 a year or $2,666.67 a month. The city […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Good local government hinges on electing good candidates and voters around Chickasaw County will pick from a slate of candidates when municipal elections are held this spring. Candidates have filed for all city posts with a number of Okolona residents casting their hat in the ring and seeking your vote for mayor, […]
HOUSTON – Most city employees will see an increase in their paycheck this month, but not all of them. In a break from traditional across-the-board raises, Houston’s Board of Aldermen voted 3-2 for merit raises for all but three fulltime employees last week. Part-time workers will also not see an increase in wages. The vote […]
- THE NUMBERS: Tourism tax vote fails August 22, 2015
- MSU professor to lead national beef organization August 25, 2015
- Alabama man indicted in fatal Trace wreck August 25, 2015
- ICC names 2015 Spring graduates August 26, 2015
- Reward offered in Monroe County deputy shooting case August 26, 2015
- WEEK 2: High School Football Scores August 28, 2015
- WEEK 2: High School Football Capsules August 28, 2015
- Training for the worst August 28, 2015
- MSU student threats lead to lockdown, arrest August 28, 2015
- Two solar farms sprout in Chickasaw County August 28, 2015
- Randy Wanat: Change "Christianity" to "Islam" and suddenly ...
- TRSmith: What happens to students who reside in the distric...
- Beth: The only way to protect ourselves and our benefits...
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...