Bruce and Lisa Price of Houston announce the engagement of their daughter, Emily Nicole Price, to Jeremy Paul Parker of Calhoun City, son of Wanda Williams of Shreveport, La., and the late Ronnie Parker of Calhoun City. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Ray and Emma Hamblin of Houston, Joyce Bestwick of Houston and the […]
Tag Archives | Paul
Paul Olenski Silver Star Citation The President of the United States takes pleasure in presenting the SILVER STAR MEDAL to Private First Class Paul F. Olenski, United State Marine Corps, for services set forth in the following citation: “For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action while serving as a Radio Operator with Company C, […]
HOUSTON – Anyone who has ever put one on celebrates Memorial Day a little different from everybody else. Paul Olenski, a U.S. Marine, Vietnam veteran and Silver Star recipient has donated his uniform to the Chickasaw County Heritage Museum and his gift will be formally recognized at Houston’s annual Memorial Day service Monday. The community […]
ABERDEEN – Paul B. Smith, 70, formerly of Houston, died Friday, April 4, 2014, at Darlington Oaks Community Hospice in Verona. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 12, at Second Baptist M.B. Church in Houston. Burial will be in Houston City Cemetery. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will […]
SOUTHAVEN – Roger Paul Turner, 67, died Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto in Southaven. He was born Sept. 9, 1946, in Bruce. He was a Mason and a member of Hernando Lodge 51. He was a U.S. Air Force veteran of Vietnam. He was a retired commercial trucker. Services will be at 2 p.m. […]
WEST POINT – Prentiss Eugene Bramlett Sr., 82, passed away, on Sunday, Dec. 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born Feb. 7, 1931, in Tupelo, the son of the late Maize Lee Davis and Virgil Preston Bramlett. He was a self-employed master carpenter for 20 years and a member […]
BANNER – Paul Gene Stegall, 56, died Friday, Sept. 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born May 13, 1957, in Bruce. He was previously employed by Borg Warner as a test engineer. He was a graduate of Yalobusha Academy and State Technical College in Memphis with a degree in engineering. […]
BIG CREEK – Paul Jerome Freelon, 50, died Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice in Tupelo. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, at Zion Springs M.B. Church in Bruce. Burial will be in the Zion Springs M.B. Church Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home in Bruce will be in charge. He is […]
HOULKA – William Paul Alexander, 66, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013. He was born Oct. 3, 1946, in Chickasaw County to Mark and Silvia Alexander. He married Mary Frances Sims on Nov. 22, 1997. He was a retired employee of Action in Pontotoc and a member of Schooner Valley Baptist Church. He was a loving […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...