Bruce and Lisa Price of Houston announce the engagement of their daughter, Emily Nicole Price, to Jeremy Paul Parker of Calhoun City, son of Wanda Williams of Shreveport, La., and the late Ronnie Parker of Calhoun City. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Ray and Emma Hamblin of Houston, Joyce Bestwick of Houston and the […]
Tag Archives | Paul
Paul Olenski Silver Star Citation The President of the United States takes pleasure in presenting the SILVER STAR MEDAL to Private First Class Paul F. Olenski, United State Marine Corps, for services set forth in the following citation: “For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action while serving as a Radio Operator with Company C, […]
HOUSTON – Anyone who has ever put one on celebrates Memorial Day a little different from everybody else. Paul Olenski, a U.S. Marine, Vietnam veteran and Silver Star recipient has donated his uniform to the Chickasaw County Heritage Museum and his gift will be formally recognized at Houston’s annual Memorial Day service Monday. The community […]
ABERDEEN – Paul B. Smith, 70, formerly of Houston, died Friday, April 4, 2014, at Darlington Oaks Community Hospice in Verona. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 12, at Second Baptist M.B. Church in Houston. Burial will be in Houston City Cemetery. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will […]
SOUTHAVEN – Roger Paul Turner, 67, died Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto in Southaven. He was born Sept. 9, 1946, in Bruce. He was a Mason and a member of Hernando Lodge 51. He was a U.S. Air Force veteran of Vietnam. He was a retired commercial trucker. Services will be at 2 p.m. […]
WEST POINT – Prentiss Eugene Bramlett Sr., 82, passed away, on Sunday, Dec. 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born Feb. 7, 1931, in Tupelo, the son of the late Maize Lee Davis and Virgil Preston Bramlett. He was a self-employed master carpenter for 20 years and a member […]
BANNER – Paul Gene Stegall, 56, died Friday, Sept. 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born May 13, 1957, in Bruce. He was previously employed by Borg Warner as a test engineer. He was a graduate of Yalobusha Academy and State Technical College in Memphis with a degree in engineering. […]
BIG CREEK – Paul Jerome Freelon, 50, died Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice in Tupelo. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, at Zion Springs M.B. Church in Bruce. Burial will be in the Zion Springs M.B. Church Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home in Bruce will be in charge. He is […]
HOULKA – William Paul Alexander, 66, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013. He was born Oct. 3, 1946, in Chickasaw County to Mark and Silvia Alexander. He married Mary Frances Sims on Nov. 22, 1997. He was a retired employee of Action in Pontotoc and a member of Schooner Valley Baptist Church. He was a loving […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Travel pay more about selfishness than finances August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...