By Gene Phelps Daily Journal JACKSON – Quantesha Patterson was East Webster’s go-to player all season. In Saturday’s MHSAA Class 2A State Tournament championship game, the lanky 5-foot-10 senior center was all that and more in the Lady Wolverines’ 68-64 comeback victory against West Tallahatchie in overtime. Patterson scored 39 points, 20 above her average, […]
Tag Archives | Patterson
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal JACKSON – East Webster coach Bill Brand knew Newton’s pressure defense was relentless and smothering. “I told my players if we could keep our turnovers to 20, we could win,” he said. East Webster committed 41 turnovers – nearly all forced by Newton – but still managed to exit the […]
HOUSTON — Jeannette Patterson Hood Scott Davis, 95, passed away peacefully on Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was the daughter of Dr. and Mrs. James M. Hood of Houlka. She graduated from Houlka High School, where she was the first, Miss Houlka, and attended Blue Mountain College. She was a […]
OKOLONA – James Robert “Jim” Patterson, 83, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born in Shannon on Aug. 18, 1930, to Ray Wood Patterson and Annie Mae Mills Patterson. He was a lifelong resident of Chickasaw County where he attended Egypt and Okolona public schools. He continued his […]
OKOLONA – James Robert “Jim” Patterson, 83, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House after a brief illness. A service celebrating his life will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, April 21, at the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors. Burial, with military honors, will follow in Lee Memorial Park. Visitation will be […]
M AYNARDVILLE, Tenn. – Delinda J. Hoskins, 51, went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, March 26, 2014. She was a member of Alder Springs Baptist Church and was Attendance Secretary at Horace Maynard Middle School. Her favorite hobbies were shopping and she was the “Queen” of yard sales. Delinda is […]
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man has been arrested for aggravated assault after shooting an acquaintance in the neck with a small-caliber rifle Wednesday night in McCondy in Eastern Chickasaw County. Harold Mack Patterson, of Chickasaw County, was arrested shortly after midnight in the shooting of Steve Smith, also of Chickasaw County, who was struck […]
OKOLONA – Roy H. Kincade, 67, died Wednesday, March 19, 2014, at his home surrounded by family and friends. He was born Aug. 28, 1946, to Prentice and Ruby Lackey Kincade. He was a high school graduate and a veteran of the U.S. Army. He was a truck driver and worked for several local companies including […]
COLUMBIA, Tenn. – Anna Marion Wessels, 100, passed away at her home in Columbia, Tenn., on Sunday, March 16, 2014. She was born on May 19, 1913, in Houlka to Robert Marion and Kate Patterson Marion. She married Ernest Wessels on June 19, 1938 and they had two children together. She graduated from Blue Mountain […]
CALHOUN CITY – Johnnie Bervis Sutton Patterson, 87, died Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 13, 1926, in Webster County to Willie Ray Sutton and Winnie Ann Hardin Sutton. She was a homemaker and a member of Calhoun City First Baptist Church, Gideons International Auxiliary Ladies […]
CALHOUN CITY – Rhea Patterson Spratlin, 88, died Sunday, March 10, 2013, at Calhoun Health Service Nursing Home. She was born Dec. 17, 1924, in Pittsboro to William Clyde Patterson and Alma McFall Patterson. She was a retired employee of Kellwood. She was a member of Pentecostals of Grenada and the American Legion Women’s Auxiliary. […]
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors April 19, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Presidential politics for 2016 April 26, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...