During February, we have the distinct pleasure to celebrate American History Month. I am very grateful for America. We are a nation unlike any other, bought by the blood, sweat and tears of our patriot ancestors. We live in a remarkable land that promises all of her citizens life, liberty and the freedom to pursue […]
Tag Archives | patriotism
At the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month in 1918, an armistice, or cease-fire, went into effect ending the fighting in World War I. After four long years, the “Great War” was over. President Woodrow Wilson had called it the “war to end all wars” and the war “to make the […]
HOUSTON – As America moves faster and farther from many of the principles of its founding fathers, there are still people who hold onto honor, pride, patriotism and tradition. Members of the Houston Pilot Club, VFW and American Legion have invited the community to gather at Joe Brigance Park at 5 p.m., June 14 for […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Houlka Attendance Center engulfed by fire (w/video) July 30, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- Magnolia Fest blooms in Okolona August 1, 2014
- Fall Fun Day seeks volunteers August 1, 2014
- County seeks bids August 1, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...